Giveaway!

Well, there it is. 1K posts sneaks up on you in no time on BladeForums! Such a great community of knife enthusiasts.
I feel lucky to have found this place. Thanks to all for making it possible.

To respect the tradition, I'll do a giveaway. Over those 3 years or so, I read and learnt a lot, asked some studip questions (see? I can't even spell right), met
awesome people (virtually and in real life), and won my share of knives and whatnot in contests here. Now is my time to give a little back!

Here's my rules:
- This is open to EVERYONE - folksy guys, mall-ninjas, convex converts, fatwood shaving sniffers, old farts and newcomers, KNIFE/makers/dealers/flippers/buyers, Hogs, RAT PACK members, CRK aficionados, Spyderco/Benchmade crusaders, Custom knives devout, whether you post all over the place or only in a specific section, etc. You name it!
- This will be totally random. No guess nor any work on your part, just post once in this thread to be automatically entered (your post number *IS* your number).
- Please, post only once!
- Numbers will be drawn on Saturday, November 21st 2009, from the random.org website.
- You can win only one prize (draw without replacement). If you win, you choose your price, and we move on to the next winner.
- The shipping is included for Canada and CONUS - others are more than welcome to join, but I *may* ask you to chip in for the extra shipping cost (on a case by case basis).
- Should you win, I would appreciate you posting in this thread when you receive the prize.

Now, the loot:
- A bone handled ORVIS lockback knife (bird&trout), in very good condition (as seen here).
- An awesome small strop made by our mr2blue in Padauk (I think), unused, with some green compound.
- New, still wraped, copy of the $50 knife shop by Wayne Goddard.
- An almost new Aurora Fire Starter (take a look here), with some fatwood sticks.
- A Leatherman Micra, very lightly used, with the chisel blade re-sharpened to a V edge by me (sharp!), with a ferro rod and some fatwood sticks.

defaultuser_1KGiveaway.jpg

Good luck to everyone - long live BladeForums!

Last edited:
Do Not enter me!
Just wanted to say this is a great thing you are doing. Another fine example of the character of people who inhabit this forum.

Back