Giving back, raising funds for JDRF

allen456

A few of you may know, my youngest son is a type 1 diabetic. He was diagnosed a few months after his second birthday and is now 7 years old. We are lucky in that he has done very well with the diabetes and is very responsible for his age. I already donate several times a year to JDRF ( Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and hope that a cure will be found soon while they continue to make advances in treatment and technology to make life easier for the diabetics both young and old.

This past Thursday, my family had a scare in relation to my son's diabetes. We had to attend the ER for a few hours, but luckily we were able to make it through the event safely. This event got me thinking that maybe I could donate more to the cause. So, on top of what I am doing personally, I have decided to offer a bit more. From now until next Sunday, any knives that are listed in the "currently available" thread within my forum, I am going to donate 50% of the sales price of any that sell to JDRF. Please help if you can, even if you just make a small contribution on the side directly to JDRF on their website. Thank you for all of the support you have given me over the past couple of years and lets see what we can do to support this cause.

Cheers
allen

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...y-Available-Knives-(always-changing)*********

Glad your son is alright Allen. I know visits to the ER with a son or daughter can be very frightening. We were there with my daughter last Friday, due to high fever from the flu. Congrats on your support to a worthy cause. :thumbup::)

Glad to hear your son is ok. Sounds like a scary night. It is very generous of you to support a worthy cause.

A lot of nice looking knives on that page!!!!

Allen, glad to hear everything went for the better with your son. JDRF is a great organization and I know it hasn't come up, but I had been on the JR Executive Board for years and helped start the "Rock The Cure" event. Be glad to collaborate with you to help with raising awareness and funds.

Back