Gladius anyone?

What a monster grind! 21" of 3/16" A2. The customer did say he wanted a fully working sword. Too bad I had started it before I learned of 1V!:eek: Hey, and it only took two Cubitron belts:D.

Very nice RW. I ground one once that had a little leaf to the blade and I agree. What a pain to grind for a design that looks so simple and straight forward. You did a beautiful job though. Your customer should be delighted. How do you plan to do the handle. I found that to be a pain also. I did the whole thing out of one chunk of Walnut. Turned the ball on a lathe and made a jig that let me route the flutes on the square part (grip area). I had more setup time on that handle than I did in the whole blade.:eek: Good luck with the rest of it!

Sweet blade! I can't wait to try a sword someday. Did the customer ask for A2? I know nothing about that steel, what are some of it's characteristics?

Man that is a beautiful grind, can't wait to see the completed sword. I'd like to hear your handle plans also. Thanks for sharing,

Dave

Back