Gladius Collection

UNRL Ghandi

Gold Member
The Long Gladius has always been a grail quest for me and somehow over the last few months I've scooped up three of them after a five year drought. The newest arrived today with a matching "regular" gladius. The regular gladius looks and feels so small next to the LG. These came with g-rexed spalted beechwood, mammoth ivory bolsters, and meteorite. The new King and Queen of my collection.

20201003_185110.jpg

My gladius collection with a photo bombing V14...
20201003_185038.jpg

Now I just have to figure out the ultimate sheath setup for my LGs and then have them made. Anyone have any suggestions?

Gorgeous collection! I'm pretty partial to Mr Pirtle's leather. I think he would be glad to build a sick baldrick setup for them although I think he's pretty backed up. You've waited 5 years to score one so what's another couple for the perfect sheath?

Awesome score! I've been wanting one of those for years. (But not from Liu Kang.)
Long Gladius and a Short Butaniku in Satin with Black Paper, and I think I'm done.

ETA: Is third from the bottom a Long Gladius in Satin with Black Paper Micarta?

Last edited:
Awesome score! I've been wanting one of those for years.
Long Gladius and a Short Butaniku in Satin with Black Paper, and I think I'm done.

ETA: Is third from the bottom a Long Gladius in Satin with Black Paper Micarta?

Nah, it's black/red g10. It was the one on the exchange a couple weeks ago. Hope to get that one re-handled to something a little classier one day. :)

Hope you find your two swords. I grabbed a short butaniku from Knife Hunter a few years back. Not sure if it's black g10 or paper, but probably one of the coolest swords there is, especially after it was REK'ed.

I think my knife quests are coming to an end. Not sure what else could be out there or released in the future that would get my blood pumping like the BOSC and LG quests. Plus now I'm broke...one of a kind INFI is 'spensive! :)

wow...those are trully gorgeous Gladiuses and must be seriously expensive ones.
congratulations, snatching 3 nice long gladiuses in a few months is no small feat :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Amazing collection. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup::)

Gorgeous collection! I'm pretty partial to Mr Pirtle's leather. I think he would be glad to build a sick baldrick setup for them although I think he's pretty backed up. You've waited 5 years to score one so what's another couple for the perfect sheath?
I agree with Waterman! Chad Pirtle is a leather working master. He made me a sheath for my AK47. It is beautiful and of the highest quality. Those swords deserve the finest sheaths available.

What a great basis for a collection! The pieces shown are incredible. Thanks for the images and congrats on a quest fulfilled.

UNRL Ghandi UNRL Ghandi be honest, how often do you pretend you're Leonidas fighting the Persians? Have you made a shield yet? :D

Dude my INFI has killed more imaginary enemy combatants than smallpox. Trust me, you don't want to pretend face me when I have a Long Gladius in hand. The gentle nature of each swing through the air as I'm trying not to scratch or drop it is intimidating. Likewise the sound effects I make are enough to drive fear into anything that breaths. That's why I don't have any mice in my basement...they've seen enough of my swordplay to know better than cross me.

And to answer your other question, no I haven't made a shield. I'm always on the offensive so there is no need for a shield. Plus I dual wield and don't have three hands so the shield would end up being a safe queen and I believe in only owning users. :p:D

Dude my INFI has killed more imaginary enemy combatants than smallpox. Trust me, you don't want to pretend face me when I have a Long Gladius in hand. The gentle nature of each swing through the air as I'm trying not to scratch or drop it is intimidating. Likewise the sound effects I make are enough to drive fear into anything that breaths. That's why I don't have any mice in my basement...they've seen enough of my swordplay to know better than cross me.

And to answer your other question, no I haven't made a shield. I'm always on the offensive so there is no need for a shield. Plus I dual wield and don't have three hands so the shield would end up being a safe queen and I believe in only owning users. :p:D
I figured you at least dual wielded but a standard gladius could probably be used in your weak hand with the forearm through the shield straps. Once you get some leather you should try to see how many of those beauties you can strap to yourself before you fall over from the weight. :D:D:D

That's an amazing collection!!!!:eek::eek::cool::thumbsup:

A few hundred more, and you'll be all set!!!!;);););):D

Let's Drink!!:cool:

Jerry:D

If he buys a few hundred more like that, YOU'LL be all set, although beauties like that probably take a lot of time and the materials aren't cheap so maybe not. :confused::D

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse - congrats on pumping out not only the toughest knives in the world, but some of the most beautiful!

Back