Glass House Mountains

We went on a bit of a leisurley drive around the Glass House Mountains near where we live today. It was a bit of a drab day, but we still had a lovely time and took some pics. They are ancient volcanic vents, quite picturesque and great for hiking...

P7110008a.jpg

P7110010a.jpg

P7110011a.jpg

P7110012a.jpg

P7110013a.jpg

A Busse FSH being held proud in the shadow of Mt Coonowrin
P7110004a.jpg

Karen and Murray laughing at me
P7110001a.jpg

Know any good camping spots around there Rob? I'm thinking about spending a couple of nights camping with the family somewhere close (I need an excuse to chop down a few acres of scrub with my BWM, which should be arriving in a day or so).

Nice pics by the way.

Chris.

Hi. Amazing pics as always! That landscape is just unbelievable...:thumbup:
Thanks for sharing,
Oldřich

Great looking area for a drive! Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

I think Murray needs a bigger cargo bay. :D

That's some really nice country Rob, too bad you guys have 99% of the world's deadliest everything in Australia.

But it is nice country and good thing you have a FSH and a massive Great Dane like Murray to protect you and Karen.

Wow, Austrailia is beautiful. Hopefully, one day, I can visit your country to do some Bushwacking.

dag, rob, is murray what passes for a lap dog down there? :D

Know any good camping spots around there Rob? I'm thinking about spending a couple of nights camping with the family somewhere close (I need an excuse to chop down a few acres of scrub with my BWM, which should be arriving in a day or so).

Nice pics by the way.

Chris.

Mate there's one or two camping areas in the area. Check out http://www.glasshousemountains.com.au/ under the accomodation section. Becasue it's National Park, they're very strict about what you can and can't do as far as having fires, pets, chopping stuff with Busse knives etc...

Beautiful place nonetheless :thumbup:

That's some really nice country Rob, too bad you guys have 99% of the world's deadliest everything in Australia.

Actually, it's a wonderful excuse to buy a bunch of INFI. Self-protection, don't'cha know?:D

Nice pix, Rob! :thumbup::thumbup: ...Wow, Winter in the low to mid 60's... :eek: I gotta get my azz to Australia! What's the Summer temps like?? :)

Awesome!.......to see you and Karen. THe big old mut;) is even good looking;):thumbup:

Beautiful country you have my friend:cool:

Last edited:
Back