Goddard Lightwieght

Hi Everyone,
I recently recieved my Wayne Goddard LightWieght in the mail and I am ecstatic about how this baby performs, it has great ergonomics and holds an edge like no other
cool.gif
. I was wondering if any special consideration should be taken when sharpening this particular type of blade, I have never owned a knife with an ats 55 blade. At the moment the knife is razor sharp.( Though my arms seem to be losing a lot of hair verifying the fact
wink.gif
). By the way what is/are your daily carry(s).

Poniard

I bought a Goddard not to long ago myself. I also really like the shape of the blade and the handle design. A PS Endura 98 has been my daily carry for the last several months and it has an ATS-55 blade. I have not had any problems bringing the edge back to shaving sharp with my Sharpmaker.

Welcome aboard, Poniard!

You are doomed now.
tongue.gif
Once you own one you want MORE Spydies.
biggrin.gif

The LTWT Goddard was my first as well. ATS-55 is a good started. Be careful if you plan on using it in/near salt water. I carry a G-10 Harpy all the time and I have rust spots on it from fishing at the beach.

My favorite is the LTWT Calypso JR in PLAIN edge VG-10. Sharpens easy and holds a decent edge. The old style micarta Calypso JR has a slick action (AUS-8) and be sharpen wicked, but edge wears quick. Its a trade off - harder edged last longer, but take longer to sharpen. Get yourself a Spyderco Sharpmaker 204.
smile.gif

Native is superb user in 440V. So is the big Military, Delica, and ...... LOL. All of them are solid users IMHO. I favor the smaller 3" blade for utility.

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Don't have a Goddard, yet. Daily carry is a Delica or Native. Calypso Jr. ltwt. is definitely in my future, as well as others....

Paul

I have carried a Goddard Lightweight for over three years now ... It is clipped to my front left pants pocket on my uniform at work and rides in the same place in civilian clothes. It is probably my most used/carried knife. I also carried it when I was working as a narcotics officer. I have said this before and I will say it again ,my Goddard also became a casualty of the drug war when I was making a forced entry when serving a drug warrant and the clip got caught on the door facing and was torn off. A call to Spyderco with an explanation of what had happened and had a new clip in the mail in two days. It is a good knife . I have used it to cut plastic sheeting ,rope and other things I probably should not have. I have also used it in testing narcotics. I like mine a whole bunch and would not part with it for the world.

------------------
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule the world is for good men to do nothing...Edmund Burke

[This message has been edited by Royo (edited 10-05-2000).]

I use my Goddard daily as a work knife. It holds an edge exceptionally well. Away from work it has been replaced by newer, "cooler" knives.

Daily carry is like the flavor of the month. Changes alot. The BM AFCK is still a favorite. Got a BM 940 Osborne with blue handles yesterday. Still use a mini-AFCK sometimes. About to order a MT LCC, and a BM 722. Planned to get a Spyderco Dragonfly (stainless), but I handled one yesterday, and the handles are a bit short, but I may get one anyway. Gave my Police to a friend who liked it, and lost my Walker 'cause of the clip, so I'm due for some Spydercos. Come on Lum Chinese!

Love Benchmade and Spyderco.

[This message has been edited by Owen (edited 10-05-2000).]

Back