1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to give the Electrician a try.

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by bluemetalchurch, Aug 29, 2018.

1. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I have a Cadet, Pioneer, and Farmer. I've also had a couple of Soldiers. I never really have much use for the can opener in my EDC needs and didn't need the small screw driver a lot either so I decided to give the Electrician a try and see how I like the sheepsfoot for EDC task.

2. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    I really really really like my alox electrcian,that small sheepsfoot is great for precision cuts and I like carving with it

3. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    I think I would miss the can opener. It has other uses that I like, like dealing with Phillips screws and being a very good staple remover, and pot bail hook for getting the pot off the campfire.

Eric J and jmh33 like this.
  4. Eric J

Eric J

Oct 29, 2005
    I can say that I must have scissors. The Electrician is a fine tool, but I can't bond with mine. I do wish my knives all had the walk and talk of the Electrician. Strong! Let us know how it works out for you.:)

5. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    9BF1BE8F-2400-4749-83B4-C00DAD0A53FA.jpeg B4A09C79-4AFF-4D6F-B1F1-B84EA07379CB.jpeg If you’re stripping very much wire, you might want to check out the Leatherman tool. The thing sticking out of the tool in the lower right of photo #2 is a removeable tweezers.

6. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'll still have other SAKs with the can opener.

7. dsd5150

dsd5150 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Very useful SAK IMO... Mine gets quite a bit of use. I was surprised at how much I use both the reamer and the sheepsfoot.

Getting older likes this.
  8. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    I wish the little sheepsfoot blade was all straight edge and they omitted the wire stripping portion. I think I’d get a lot more use out of it with all straight edge.

Chris M likes this.
  9. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    The Electrician is my favorite and most-used SAK. No keyring digging into my palm, lots of handle real estate, useful sheepsfoot, and only the tools I generally need. Such a great knife!

Gafishing likes this.
  10. coolhand68

coolhand68 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Electrician is one of my favorites. I have no need for a can opener so having a small sheeps foot blade is ideal.

11. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    The Electrician is a very good SAK if you want two blades. It is one of my more recent SAK acquisitions (Sept 2017).

12. drail

drail

Feb 23, 2008
    That Leatherman tool looks like it was made in Vietnam.

13. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009

Indispensable for Philips screws, and yes, a fantastic staple remover.