Gold Again!

A couple weeks ago I noticed that my Gold Bladeforums membership had expired. Cash is tight these days, so I thought long and hard about wheather it was worth renewing my Gold mebership here at bfc. Lately there has been a bit of a troll epidemic on bfc and a bunch of long time members seem to have either gone dormant or left. The place doesn't seem the same lately.

But having said that, I will say that I still find Bladeforums to be one of the best online communities around. I really enjoy several of the forums, but most especially the Shop Talk forum. It's an unbelievable resource for a knifemaker just starting out.

After a couple weeks of reverting back to Registered Member status, I felt the need to go Gold again. I know that bandwidth isn't free and that administrating a site like this takes up quite a bit of time, so I'm happy to make a $25.00 comittment to help Spark keep this place going. I don't post as often as I used to and probaly don't even read as often as I used to, but this community is still valuable to me and so I've pledged my $25.00 to help keep this place going for another year. Perhaps you might consider doing the same?

I will say that I think a $10.00 charge to change your user name is a bit out of line. Especially if a person has paid for membership (like me).

On several other forums (www.practicalmachinist.com , http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/ubbs/Ultimate.cgi , and http://www.usualsuspect.net ) you can call me Excitable Boy, but here I'm still stuck with my old nic, jmxcpter, because of the above mentioned charges.

If you enjoy an online community I think you should support it, not just by participating, but financially as well. Whether by membership fees like here or a donation like some other places do, it costs money to host a site like this and I think that if you enjoy it, you should help suport it.. If you get something out of it, you should endeavor to give something back.

Glad to be Gold again.

John

Back