Gold Plating info needed

I need some help again. I need to have a trigger and hammer gold plated and the customer specified 30 microns thick so it wont wear off. Do you gents know of a good place to send the parts?

One more question:: Where does one buy gold screws in small sizes and/or can stainless screws be gold plated?

Thanks for the help

Bruce,

I don't know about the plating but RB johnson has the gold plated screws that you are looking for. here is a link.R.B. Johnson Also congradulations on getting your MS stamp.

OOps must have posted at the same time.

Thanks for the congrats!!

Still having trouble finding somebody to gold plate my parts. RB Johnson said he doesnt do plating but can sell me new gold screws. The one I have already fit and it would be too much trouble to start again mostly because of the head hieghts. Any other ideas?

Bruce, I have a buddy here in town that gold plates. His name is Howard (Chewie) Degan, phone # is 319-752-4211. Ol' Chewie is one of the best, and will treat you gentle. Just tell him who sent you.

Ron Claiborne told me once that Van Barnett does some of this type stuff when I was inquiring about gold plating myself. I've got equipment on order to start gold and nickel plating myself, but I'm afraid it'll be a little while until I get the process down probably. I believe if you're plating onto steel, you're going to want a base plate of nickel on those parts.

:)

-Darren

Darren, I too have thought about doing my own plating but need to expand the shop area first. I am tripping over stuff already.

John. Thanks for Ol Chews phone # I will give him a call.

Originally posted by Bruce Bump
Darren, I too have thought about doing my own plating but need to expand the shop area first. I am tripping over stuff already.

Hi Bruce,

I know exactly what you mean! I'm going to have to set up my plating area in my office in the house due to lack of space in the shop. I think we all need bigger shops! :) ...but then we'd just fill them up with more equipment too! :D

-Darren

Carlin's Law, much like the Gas Law:

"The amount of stuff we have expands to fill the size of the container"

How about "The amount of tools that one has always expands to fill and eventually exceed the capacity of one's toolboxes"?

Bruce, if they are stainless steel I can gold plate them for you. I have no way to determine 30 microns, but things I've plated have held up well. Let me know.

Originally posted by Andrew McLurkin
Bruce, if they are stainless steel I can gold plate them for you. I have no way to determine 30 microns, but things I've plated have held up well. Let me know.

Hi Andrew,

Hey, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to say thanks for that info on the power vent. I just got back this evening from Home Depot and got the 1540 CFM one and enough 12 inch pipe to bring it to the center of the grinding area...I'm anxious to try it out! :)

-Darren

Andrew thanks for the offer. I still havent found anybody willing to take on the job. By the looks of your clean and organized shop I think if you would like to give it a go we should talk. You have email.

OK I have nailed down the men to plate parts for me finally. If you need any thing gold plated give these guys a call.

Andrew Mclurkin can gold plate stainless screws.

Howard Degan (Chewie) can gold plate all the other gun parts I have.
Thanks John Andrews for the contact info.

Thanks to all you fellas for replying

Back