Gonna go full time

My year was a triple whammy: first the ex-wife burned down the house, then we split up, and then I got laid off. It was quite a thing. My blood pressure went up, had to take medication, had some side effects...

On the bright side, I'm bulletproof now. My suitcase was destroyed on a flight--didn't bother me. The basement flooded, $15k damage, no problem. Things like this really put everything into perspective.

TC

OH MY MAN....do I ever feel your pain.

Good luck....this may be a God thing bro. He may have plans for you and the knife world. Hope the kids are ok and keep them closest to your plans. Having been through 2 divorces I know that they are the most important part of any settlements. No matter the cost.

Hang in there Nick. All the best to you and your future. Prayers sent.

Keep ya head up Nick. Your blades will help to bring brighter days.. You'll be fine, you have a good outlook. Lookin' forward to checkin' out the new offerings in the coming months. Take care Bro!

Damn Nick - that sucks!!! I hope everything works out - the best it can - divorce is never fun but is sometimes necessary - take good care and keep the chin up!!!

Nick - so sorry to hear about the tough times, but great things will come from it I am certain. I used my Sierra Scout to dress my deer last week and now my hunting buddy wants one. You are your own best advertising!!!

Wishing you strength and success.

blake

Thanks Andy, ya mind sharin a little contact info for those distributors you've been using?

Nick:)

U mean dealers? No problemo. Knives Ship Free - Derrick (Okbohn on the forums). And Lee's Cutlery. (Lee.) I also don't mind contacting them to recommend you. :thumbup:

Nick, sorry to hear about your situation. Divorce sucks, and it's really hard on the kids.
Been there and done that, not about to do it again.
Work is still spotty here for me too, but I've been squirreling away little bits for a purchase.
So when I can afford it, I'll be in touch my friend.

Cheers
Dave

I've heard it said that if you do what you love to do, that the money will come. If that's true, and you love making knives, then you should do well.

I don't know very much about divorce, but I have come to realize that some relationships simply don't work.

I've already put in my request for a 5" Scout, so if you're working on them full time maybe that just means I'll get it sooner.

I also just noticed that you live in Michigan, so you won't have to ship my blade far, or I could even arrange to come pick it up when you are done.

Best Regards,
SP

Thanks guys, things have definetly took a turn for the worse for me. Since I was fired from my job I will no longer be able to close on the house I was planning to buy. Therefore will be looking at an apartment and along with that comes no place to make knives. I am hoping for the best but am planning for the worst.

Even if I have to stop for a year there is one thing she or her family can not take from me..... My ability to make and create good usefull tools. Just when I have a plan and a good direction they felt it necessary to pull the rug out from under my feet:mad: But I'll get back up and laugh at those nasty people one day:thumbup:

I'll try and keep this forum open even if the worst case scenario happens so at least we can chat about cool stuff.

Thanks

Hey guys, I've had some major changes in my life and will be forced into making my hobby a full time job. The time frame will be spring of 2011. I am going through a nasty Divorce and will be loosing my job because of it. I work for her parents and have been informed that I will be let go when it's done. I also, got kicked out of my shop. So I re set everything in my garage at home for the time being. I will then be setting up at my parents place.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Sorry man. My marrige is killing me. But I am a stubborn man or either stupid. I am hanging in there but do not know why. I am living with a woman that I do not know anymore.

I know you will make it. Your knives causes me great Lust :eek:

With the work I see in your knives I see a good future for you. I will be keeping an eye out for a good one for me. I would be in for a good fixed blade pocket knife with a zero show leather or kydex sheath.

I will bookmark your page.

Kind regards,

Daniel

This is not the place to get into too much but I never understood one side of a divorce going after the other side to the point of them losing their home, employment, etc.... Not when there are kids involved. I may not have liked my ex-wife but I sure didn't want her on the street knowing my daughters would be there half the time.

Best of luck Nick. Hopefully this is just temporary and doors will open quickly.

That really sucks Nick, you have such a major talent for making awesome knives that I hope you will be able to continue doing it. Even if you can't make them for a while, I know you'll be able to come back to it. Hang in there man, sometimes stuff has to get worse before it gets better :thumbup:

This is not the place to get into too much but I never understood one side of a divorce going after the other side to the point of them losing their home, employment, etc.... Not when there are kids involved. I may not have liked my ex-wife but I sure didn't want her on the street knowing my daughters would be there half the time.

Best of luck Nick. Hopefully this is just temporary and doors will open quickly.

How true Dave.....how true. She will stop at nothing to make me pay for whatever it is she deems necessary at any given moment. Just tonight she demanded I give her money and I litterally laughed outloud! I said you got me fired remember???????? There is no money:D

I really just don't give a crap anymore:thumbup:As much as she tries to hurt me, she is only hurting my childeren and hopefully they will be able to see this one day. Then say to themselves........Wow mom went a little off the deep end:(

No worries guys I'll get back on my feet:)

Thanks for your support through my difficult time

Stay your course Nick with your kids. My ex played all sorts of games when we got divorced 13 years ago. I never once said a bad word about her to my daughters. I kept my feeling of her to myself. I let her play her games. Now one of my daughters is a sophmore in college and one in H.S. and we couldn't be closer. It will pay huge dividends Nick.

If you need a chance to vent Nick I'll buy the beer! :thumbup::D

I'm new to NWA Nick, but I feel ya. Been there, done that too. It sucked for a long time but things did get better in many ways. Sounds like you have good support here, hopefully you do locally as well.

Just drop me a line when you have time to make me a knife, I'll help you out bro.
Best wishes and thoughtful prayers from down south,
Ray (aka Stratmeister)

Back