Good day to you all in these crazy times

Allow me to introduce the 600 lb gorilla in the room. For what you've spent on the pieces you've collected you could have bought one or two really good knives. Just sayin'. . . . .

Welcome to BF, Matt.

There is a lot of good advice posted here already. :)

I would consider not buying anymore Ganzo’s or the cheap like...You have some already, and can use the snot outta them.
Start saving the money you would spend on those types of knives, this gives you time to ponder nicer production knives and which one to buy when the money is saved. :D
The truth is, there are a lot of production companies, like Spyderco, Byrd, Cold Steel, Benchmade, Manly, Victorinox, Opinel, Mora, who makes great budget folders that will last a long time. We dont “need” a custom folder, some of us just gravitate there for the fit and finish aspects, the exotic materials and the makers mark.

Don’t be afraid to post in BF, and even less afraid to make up your own mind. Always keep your mind open, and keep the passion.

Like @not2sharp said, it’s not a contest, not a race. You will just end up with a bunch of blades you dont like/want, and a lot of money invested.

I personally like to use my knives, no matter the cost. I get the most enjoyment out of this. If I want safe queens, I print off pictures. Haha.

Again, enjoy your time here, post lots, read more, and keep ‘em sharp!

Thanks again guys. This is not my main hobby to be fair i love boating but boating got me in to knives and crossbows too (crossbows not so much just think they are cool lol)
I have a rigid inflatable boat a 4.6m avon and a 60ft narrowboat all very expensive hobbies and i love motorbikes too so i need to feed my interest while managing funds for those more prominent hobbies.

Great welcome from all thank you and ive already picked up a few tips of knife lube. I ordered a daiwa reel oil in a syringe as i hear its great for knives and dealing with corrosion. Thanks for who ever posted that ;)

Allow me to introduce the 600 lb gorilla in the room. For what you've spent on the pieces you've collected you could have bought one or two really good knives. Just sayin'. . . . .

Good point sir..... my issue is alot of the knives you guys love like spyderco for example...i just dont like the look of them...im funny in that i need to be attracted to it not just because its really good as a blade. I wouldnt use it much as id not want to damage it lol when i have ganzo's to abuse...
Perhaps ill get a byrd and see if i like that but again doesnt do it for me in design and shape. There are some 150 + blades i love dont get me wrong but the well know gryptillian etc just meeeehhhhhhh

Whats folks thoughts on the CRKT CEO love how that looks....again budget but love the look

OK, I've gotta ask. Why do you write like that?....

thank you for the interest :)
and congratulations on deciphering
my secret textual code.
yeah, i''ve had many perplexed about this.
its kinda selffish but i do it to suit me.
its actually faster for me to scan over
with a narrower field of vision;
without the pair of eyeballs
move from left to right
in a wall of text.
one should be able to take it all in
within a glance with just a single nod.
besides there's zero prize
for great writing skill here :)
terribly sorry for the inconvinience y'all!
know that i am all forgiving
and do understand completely
why anyone would wanna choose
to hit the ignore button about now
to avoid this and all future headaches :)
now that's cleared...
let's say we help matt
get settled in here,
shall we? ;-)

No i have a armex tomcat 2 carbine pistol crossbow 80lb draw weight

A cougar 175lb draw full size crossbow

Ek archery cobra repeating crossbow from the jorge sprave design so has a magazine of 6 bolts you can repeat fire in quick succession.

Back