Recommendation? Good EDC under $60?

Im looking for a good folding EDC knife. Preferably not made in china, and around four inches in blade length. I would like it to be a good one-handed opener and have a flipper tab as well.
Thanks in advance.

I had the Rat 1 in consideration, is there any option for it with a flipper tab?

I don’t believe so. I’ve never held one but they are highly recommended around here.

The Kershaw Blur has a 3.5” blade but no flipper, but it’s a USA made piece and is very easy to open with one hand. It’s $57.50 on eBay (no affiliation).22F2DDC5-7D2C-42E7-9253-892CCB29AE6D.jpegF86AD9EA-347D-483E-BB01-EAB171B6EA63.jpeg

Last edited:
A tad pricier than 60 bucks as well, but my vote goes to the CS Voyager. Tough quality folding knife. Main downside really is the stiff lockback, but if you don’t mind that, you’re good to go.

If a flipper is a non-negotiable feature, then maybe take a look at the Kershaw Knockout.

A bit thicker/heavier option would be the Kershaw Link.

If your opposed to the Speedsafe mechanism, you could try Ruike P801.

Welcome to BFs

I put all your data in BHq (flipper, 3.5-4" blade, price, all places but China) and didn't find a lot that I would buy. I'm not a huge fan of CRKT myself. Never heard of Dagger knives from Russia.

The Rat 1 is a great knife if you can get past no flipper. There is a spring assisted version if that is allowed in your city/state.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Ontario-RAT-Model-1A-Spring--98883

CS Voyager is another good one but no flipper. 4" blade and from Taiwan. Right at your budget.

The Kershaw Bareknuckle is another great knife if you can increase your budget.

For flippers at your price and decent quality it's going to be Kershaw. They have some really good options. The kershaw leek is amazing and made in USA I'm pretty sure.

Crkt have some options as well

If you can live without a flipper, maybe the Kershaw Highball XL?

Don’t know where it’s made, though.

Edit: It is one of their China made knives.

For the price you want, you are going to have to compromise. If you can't up.ypur budget a bit, some of the made in China knives are going to be your best option.

At 4 inch blade at that price and not made in China? Add to that you want a flipper? Well, I know of some great knives for half of that price, but only a few are flippers. Buck makes some good stuff like the Bantam (close to 4"), Buck Vantage Large, and there are others made by them.

L Llamaaaa , are balisongs/butterfly knives legal where you are? If so, would they be something you would carry?

It's nice to see somebody who has well-developed ideas of what they want, but the combination of requirements you put up makes it tough. Especially the price cap. I understand completely: I have a limit to what I'm willing to spend on a knife.

Others have mentioned Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT). I will do the same, with the M21-O4G Carson Flipper.

ibc3zfF.jpg

Flipper tab, 3 7/8 inch blade, made in Taiwan, sneaks in just under your price point, at $57.95.

I will warn you that CRKT has had a problem in the past with their heat treat. About one out of every twenty knives they put out will simply not get sharp. I don't know if they've fixed this problem in the past decade or so, because it's been that long since I bought one of their knives.

Back