1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Good fixed blade knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Bali-Flipper32, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Bali-Flipper32

Bali-Flipper32

Dec 15, 2010
    I am looking for a quality fixed blade knife that is not over 80 dollars. I want the blade to be between 4 and 6 inches. Right now I am looking at the Gerber Gator, but I am open to suggestions.

2. sak_collector

sak_collector

Jan 25, 2005
    For the last several weeks I have been edc-ing an Benchmade/HK 14100. Been a great little knife and should run you about 60 bucks...maybe a few bucks more.

You have plenty of choices in that size and price range.

[​IMG]

3. StretchNM

StretchNM

Dec 7, 2006
    That Benchmade H&K Snody above has been on my wish list for too long!

Other good ones to check out are the Benchmade CSKII and the Benchmade Rant.

4. CrimsonTideShooter

CrimsonTideShooter

Oct 23, 2010
    Spend a little bit more and get an esee. You won't regret it.

5. machine26

machine26

Sep 3, 2009
    Check out bucks offerings, theyve got some pretty spiffy blades within your parameters(sp). Id also check out ontario and becker knives.

6. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    The answer should vary depending on what you will use the knife for -- e.g. EDC, utility, hunting, bushcraft, kitchen duty/food prep, etc. So, what will you use the knife for?

7. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Beat me to it :D

8. GingivitisKahn

GingivitisKahn

Jun 8, 2010
    Lol - I just gave this answer (and used this pic) in another thread.. Becker BK2.

* a quality fixed blade knife: CHECK
    * that is not over 80 dollars: CHECK (closer to $50)
    * I want the blade to be between 4 and 6 inches: CHECK

Add to that the outstanding KaBar lifetime warranty and the ability to field dress Buicks ... BK2 is your knife.

[​IMG]

---

Beckerhead #42

9. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    +1 I have both CSKII and the Rant, but not the H&K Snody yet! Have to do something about that some day soon!

10. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    +1 I have both CSKII and the Rant (the old one, thin blade), but not the H&K Snody yet! Have to do something about that some day soon!

11. Tony95

Tony95

Jul 23, 2010
    +1 on that Esee's rock!

12. Mrbladedude

Mrbladedude

Aug 2, 2010
    :thumbup:

13. cramsey3006

cramsey3006

Aug 2, 2010
    Not over $80 guys. That knocks ESEE out of the running. The Gator should be a fine knife. I'm figuring that you are talking about the Bell & Carlson series with S30V blades? Cabela's has them on sale right now, so it's even better.

Kabar/Becker has a lot of choices for under $80.

It would help to know what you plan on doing with it.

14. Planetcat

Planetcat

Jul 28, 2009
    I'd get a benchmade fixed griptillian before a Gator. I have the fixed Gator and it's just Ok. I like my folding griptillian better. That HK is nice too.

15. GaryXD

GaryXD

Sep 1, 2003
    Ontario Ranger RD-4 Bush

16. richw

richw

Jan 28, 2010
    ranger shiv can be had in paracord for about $45, with a custom kydex sheath $69, and a micarta scaled version is $54. Check out Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

17. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    The fixed Gator is a good knife. Its pretty robust too, so you wont go wrong with it. Also take a look at Becker, theyve got some solid knives too.

18. richw

richw

Jan 28, 2010
  19. HandofCod

HandofCod

Feb 27, 2010
    Kabar - excellent design, american made, excellent sheaths, great options.

20. udtjim

udtjim

Sep 4, 2007
    For hunting and lighter camp work, I have had good performance from the Fixed Gator