Good old Native...

Well, ever since I recieved my Tenacious about a week ago I haven't stopped carrying it (except the bar, then I go back to the Native). But I just threw the Native in my pants...well cargo shorts... for a trip up north tomarrow, instead of the Tenacious. Not really sure if its because the blade is under 3" now or if its just because that knife has seen a ton of use and abuse and I know I don't have to worry about it.

But hey, even if I've never been happy with the edge that S30V takes, there is just something about that knife that works. The Ergo's, the simplicity, it just begs to be used. :thumbup:

Now this makes me wonder if that H1 really is worth it or if I should get another native and send out for a full flat grind :D

If you are happy with a knife design, and the performance of the steel there is no need for something different; but that isn't what knife nuts are about is it.

I like the H1 one because it is remarkable for being impossible to rust, that is worth something to me. But it doesn't hold an edge as long as S30V so that may be a reason to go that route.

I haven't been impressed with the way S30V has held a razor edge for me. Sure it holds a decent edge forever, but that fine razor has always dissappeared quickly. But of course, this means sharpening is an option most of the time, not a necessity. Pair that with S30V's rust resistance (in my experience, running, biking, swimming, etc) and its hard to beat for a travel companion.

I agree about the Native. I went and bought my 3rd Native from Wal-mart yesterday. After giving the first two away as hand-me-downs to my son and stepson, I just had to have another. Even after I went and bought a stainless-handled Delica with VG-10 last week, I still missed that S30V in my pocket on a Native.

Back