Good to See You Here!

Happy Thanksgiving to James, Angie and all the rest of you Terrioites. Terrioistas? Terrioisms?
I hope it's a great day and everyone keeps all of their digits intact.

Thank you Mack! I was thinking of you when I carved our turkey today... with the BK-5 I got from you (and modded a little bit) . :)

bk5turkey2013_zpsf246c185.jpg

Angie's Dad brought the bottle of Scotch he was given when he retired six years ago...

BalvenieImage1_zpsbcf056e7.jpg

Quite a blessed day for the Terrio household :thumbup: ( lemme count... yup, all digits intact :p )

Looking good James. I hope you saved some for leftovers.

Looking good James. I hope you saved some for leftovers.

Plenty turkey left; I didn't even carve the other side yet. We will feed ourselves and the critters again tomorrow, then bone the rest of it and save it for soup. The bones will be saved for stock. Yum!

No Scotch left, though. That has passed happily into the Valhalla of fond memories :D

It was fun! I will be making many, many more kitchen knives in the future. In fact there's another custom in Elmax and what I hope will become a standard model in CPM-154 off at the magical HT palace as we speak... :thumbup:

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy and be safe and sane. OK, be safe :p

Does that particular custom in Elmax bear any resemblance to picture of a drawing that you got from some redneck in IL?

If so, that would be freaking awesome!:D

This is neat...

[video=youtube;oH2NahLjx-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oH2NahLjx-Y[/video]

Interesting. I've had a few outings that we forgot the little P38 can opener and mangled some pretty badly with a knife.

I like the P-52 better than the P-38. It works the same, but it's bigger and I find it easier/more comfortable to use.

Regardless, I like either one, or rubbing a can on some abrasive rock/concrete, much better than messing up the edge of my knife :thumbup:

Can THK knives open cans? Of course; I've done it, and I have no doubt that other folks will too, mostly to see what happens.

But that's almost guaranteed to dull it somewhat, and I strongly recommend saving top-quality knives for more precise cutting tasks whenever possible. :)

Last edited:
With a good knife you could baton through that.

Back