Goofy Idea ?

I was thinking today about how the CS Bushman can do most things except find carving and then wondered about fitting my Mora into the handle.
Do you think this is worth considering for someone who only wants one sheath on their belt or pack ?

An even better option would be to have a maker design one especially to fit the handle !

goofy_zpsf5436a99.jpg

Break down and buy yourself an Izula II. It prevents the " lose one knife and you lose both" and you will love the Izzy II.

Doc

I think you would have to use a smaller knife,and make the handle fit down into the Bushman handle. REminds me of a project I need to get back to. I was watching dual survival show and it ocurred to me the cast would be better off with a Bushman for a lot of their situations.I was planning to make Bushman up that had a fitted plug in the small end and use a 2" size soft rubber chair or cane tip for the large end. I do procrastinate too much.

I encourage you to see what you can come up with,after all you could put a SWAK in the handle. Or how about carve a wooden plug for the big end with a ball detent set up to keep it in place?

I like it.
I used a wine cork cut in half for the hole near the blade and an old champagne cork for the butt. I put a screw eye in the inner cork so it could be used as a bobbin. The space is pretty water resistant.

Mark

I don't know if the Mora handle can take the same pounding a person might subject a Bushman to. Don't get me wrong plastic Mora handles are surprisingly durable but not sure about this. Lots of people to put stuff inside the Bushman handle but those items are more like PSK items.

I agree
It is a goofy idea
Keep them seperate

A knife stuck up the arse of another knife handle does not sound comfortable to use and easy to loose

I bet you could get one of the smaller wood handled Moras to fit pretty well, and the shorter bladed ones wouldn't stick out as far. Maybe the 2/0 model, or the actual carving blade ones. Would be pretty cool if it worked out nicely I think.

If you got a wooden handled Mora, you might be able to carve it down to fit better into the Bushman handle.

The mora sheaths weight next to nothing, keep them separate. What are you planning on doing with the mora if you are using the bushman?