• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

Gossman knives & GST.

Mike Pierson

Freedom is not Free
Platinum Member
Received the large Gossman Survival Tool, and Tusker Lite this week, last week a BOLO in S7.
Did not realize what I was missing out on until I started putting them to usage spitting up some fuel wood, peeling bark off of stumps I’m about to split, and generally field work.
More please! ;) 80BF3314-2ACB-4ED2-98F1-6FDD8A701D6C.jpeg B48AF8F8-E8F4-4A7C-89A6-95A192FEE626.jpeg

Apocryphiliac

Gold Member
I absolutely love Scott's version of the bolo. It's not a MONSTER, but it can certainly chop and is versatile at 1/8" thickness. I haven't tried a BBT Light, but of the several large Gossmans I have (BBT 2.0, PFK, Kubo, Kubo II, 7", 8", and 9" BBTs), the Bolo is my personal favorite.

Mine's in A2, which I guess along with S7 has long been considered Scott's "signature" steel. He is a virtuoso at getting the most out of any steel though, it would seem. I think this is a product of lots of research, testing, and attention to detail. I'm not sure what his protocols and process are, but for sure he does a mean cryo quench.

tinfoil hat timmy

Gold Member
Received the large Gossman Survival Tool, and Tusker Lite this week, last week a BOLO in S7.
Did not realize what I was missing out on until I started putting them to usage spitting up some fuel wood, peeling bark off of stumps I’m about to split, and generally field work.
More please! ;) View attachment 1243089 View attachment 1243090
what's the one in the top picture? thanks!