Got it yesterday!

Well, it finally came in yesterday - my new small Classic.

First impression: I was very underwhelmed. I remember how much knife the large Sebenza was, and I was expecting the small to be a bit bigger on the handle than it is. Knife was very hard to open, compared to the large. Did I make a mistake here?

Wait a couple of hours....

Second impression: This is actually a pretty cool knife. I remember that the width of the large Sebenza blade was about the same as my Spyderco Native, and the OAL was definitely larger than the Native. That would have been way too big for EDC, especially in these times and in the places where I frequent. I took the clip off, and the knife is a lot easier to open now. I actually prefer it with the clip off, since I don't want to ruin any of the dress pants I wear to work :). I like the fact that as non-threatening and "cute" as it appears, it is capable of performing chores that bigger knives would be hard-pressed to do. At least I assume that is a fact - I look forward to discovering the evidence that makes it a fact :)

Bottom line: I slipped it into my pocket this morning to take to work with me. It's been a while since I've carried a knife with me to work (almost 2 months now), and the feeling is great!

Thanks everybody who contributed to the decision making process. I feel like I definitely bought the right knife!

Matthew

P.S. And a hearty thanks to a particular forum member for his help last night - you know who you are!

Hey starfish! Great choice on the knife! If you were having trouble opening it, try to pull on the thumb stud with a sweeping motion, don't push down on it too hard. If you don't like the hole that the clip leaves when you take it off, you can get a clip fill from the chris reeve website.

Jeff

Glad you got it! Great knife, good choice!
I have both sizes and sometimes carry the small Sebenza for a week at a time and then take out the Large Sebenza and go WOW that is a lot bigger!

But you'll end up getting a few more, I've no doubt!!!
;)
G2

It seems like no one likes their first Sebenza when they get it, but by the end of the day they are sleeping with it under their pillow.:D

Toolin - that's the trend I've noticed too :)

For me, it was just a matter of getting over how small it was compared to the large. Once I stopped comparing it to the large, the "bloom came back onto the rose" :)

Have a great day everybody - I know I have a big smile with a new Sebbie riding shotgun ;)

(Wouldn't that "shotgun" remark be much funnier if I had just got a wood inlay? :D )

Back