Got it!

Lenny

Gold Member
Finally got my Medium Bifold Wallet in Chestnut.
Wow!
This is some serious piece of leather.
I absolutely love it.
The one thing that surprised me about it is the overall finish.
The pix and description on the website led me to believe that it
would be just 2 pieces of folded over leather with a few slots cut into it
with a sorta caveman finish.
Not true at all, it's very stylish in a rugged sorta way.
Beautiful stitching and edge finishing all around.
Can't wait till it forms to my butt.
Lenny

Real mistake to carry a wallet in a back pocket. Seriously! When you're sitting, it will change your spinal alignment. Over time, this could (actually, will) lead to back problems. Far better to carry in a front pants/jeans pocket, or even better in an inside jacket pocket. In the warm weather season, I'll carry in a front cargo shorts pocket. Don't say you haven't been warned. :) (all meant with good intentions). -Rob

Not everyone stuffs their wallet 1" thick.
And not every back pocket carried wallet is sat on.
Yeah. OK man, whatever you say, and thanks for correcting me. :rolleyes: I guess it was just bad advice on my part. I take it back. Feel better now?

Yeah. OK man, whatever you say, and thanks for correcting me. :rolleyes: I guess it was just bad advice on my part. I take it back. Feel better now?

Unless you have a really, really large butt, the medium bi-fold will be (partially) under pressure. Carrying it in the jeans front pocket makes a lot of sense, and that's what I do as well.

Got a Saddleback medium bifold a few weeks ago and have been carrying it since to start wearing it in. I really like the design but was concerned about the thickness. Over the course of about 3 weeks, it has gotten noticeably thinner. It was a little over 1" thick when I first got it and loaded up with cards & cash. Now it is just a bit over 3/4" (same number of cards, and maybe even a couple more bills than before).

I've debated carrying in a front pocket, but the thickness combined with all the other stuff I already carry (phone, keys, and, of course, EDC knife) makes it rather uncomfortable to carry in jeans and slacks. I've looked at smaller wallets as well (eg. the "Narrow" and "Small" designs), but I prefer staggered cards to stacking (easier to find the one you're looking for).

I have the same wallet, in Tobacoo, and I love it! I also have an iPad case from Saddleback and it's awesome, too. Wish I could justify the cost of a set of their suitcases! WOW!

I'm a practicing chiropractor and I take wallets out of back pockets ALL THE TIME. It's a bad habit, can cause some sacroiliac joint (look it up) irritation as well as sciatic nerve irritation. The more you sit on it, the greater the potential for the problem. I personally find the wallet too big to comfortably carry in my front pocket, so I advise people to do the same as me... carry in your back pocket (if that's what you like) and transfer to the front pocket when you sit. There, problem solved, everyone is happy.

Back