1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me one of them newfangled Instagram accounts

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I started an Instagram account (redmeadowknives), but I really couldn't tell you why.

I understand how it works (I think), I just don't get the point, what am I missing?

It doesn't seem like you can have much of a conversation on there, just look at pictures?

Yes, I really am this hip:rolleyes:

Insipid Moniker likes this.
  2. Rupestris

Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    For you it would be an advertising platform.

Post a photo then tag the snot out of it with #knives #customknives #bladeforums #redmeadowknives #cutbank #52100 #desertironwood #stackedleather etc.

People search for things that interest them like stackedleather and view the photos that are tagged with that.

You can tag people with @ like you can here ant it lets them know that you want them to see or read something. I tagged you a few seconds ago.

If you see a post that interests you and there is a tag underneath that says #custombowie and you want to see more custom bowies from other makers/collectors, click the hashtag.

It really is a huge waste of time. I went from posting things that interest me to posting more WTF/FML work related stuff.

3. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    So every time I post a picture in here, post it there with a side of hashbrowns, got it.:p

It looks like I can put comments with pictures, I need to figure that out.

I tried to set up an IG business account, but it says I had to have a Facebook account to do that. Is there a way around that?

4. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Yes, get a Facebook account. :p

5. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    ^Post reported for ridiculous suggestion:D

cbwoods67 likes this.
  6. Knife1987

Knife1987

Dec 10, 2011
    Followed you into the social media hole and I'm lost In it's darkness. I will hasbrown you when I find out where I'm at.

7. protourist

protourist "Ratis necque navale enavigat" Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I'm sitting here wondering if I should google hashbrowns, stacked and leather...

lessismore likes this.
  8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    I Hashbrowned you, am I doing it right?
    [​IMG]

protourist likes this.
  9. Knife1987

Knife1987

Dec 10, 2011
    Looks and sounds like an instahasbrown to me.

10. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    One sec, I'm hashbrowning.
    [​IMG]

11. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Hashbrown Hashbrown!!
    [​IMG]

12. Rupestris

Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    There are a couple BF members that I follow there. Look up knivesshipfree, dclknives, gravelle_knives, jneilsonknives, mqqn01 (zero one), nick_wheeler_knives_and_newfs, 2tonyB, fisk_knives, lsknife_works, j.riderknives, and vladthehungarian (Ted).

Nick Wheeler posts a lot of videos on how he does things and the tools he makes. Fascinating stuff.

protourist likes this.
  13. T.Knotts

T.Knotts Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2010
    I leave for two weeks and this is what happens?

protourist likes this.
  14. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Excuse me, but your question must be in the form of a hash brown.

15. T.Knotts

T.Knotts Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2010
    Topic: Signs of the alpocolypse for $1000 Alex

Answer :John on Instagram

Question: What are the first signs of #alien_abduction

16. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Chance is even in on the hashbrownin, and yes, I'm gonna say hashbrown in every Post!

....hashbrown

17. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    #hashbrowngoingdown

18. Rupestris

Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    Angelo's is a little diner in Ann Arbor, MI.

#hashbrownsclown

19. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Doesn't that let you do mammograms really, really fast? ;)

Congratulations on the hashbrowns, man.

20. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha, thanks IM, (welcome to our goofy little home by the way). I got my hashbrown on and some more pictures up.

Chris, thanks for at least trying to steer a social media moron the right way!