1. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Got my first Survive! A GSO-5.1

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by evltcat, Oct 7, 2014.

1. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I am a happy camper!!! :D
    Been patiently (yeah right!) waiting for her and she's here now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions:
    Fit and finish is excellent! :thumbup: She is very well balanced and fits my larger hand very well.
    Choil is smooth and well positioned, I really like SK's micarta, and she is razor sharp.

The sheath is great, and it's very nice that it comes with an attachment clip!
    I think I'm going to turn that for horizontal use like chiral.grolim did, and add a drop loop too.
    I really like that two way attachment setup!

She will be going with me for some KP duty soon. I'll post how that goes and some pix of her on duty later.

2. 45cal4life

45cal4life

Sep 4, 2014
    Nice, congrats :D

3. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Hell yeah! 5.1 is the best all arounder I have and my favorite knife.

4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Looks great :thumbup:

5. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Yep, I just got my 5.1 the other day. Everything is great. Excellent sheath as well.

6. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I sold my GSO-5 to replace it with the 5.1. Ended up getting a 5.1 second as well - thought I would make some mods. I like the idea of a bowie clip point on this.

7. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    Congrats. I have most flavors of GSOs and the 5.1 is my favorite.

8. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Very nice! Great photos!

9. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    Congratulations! I got my first one recently, and liked it so much I ordered a second one! I can't wait until the 7/7s are for sale again.

10. BrandonEDC

BrandonEDC

Aug 12, 2014
    Still waiting for mine.... i missed out on the sheaths they where out so having a custom one made will post pics.

11. 45cal4life

45cal4life

Sep 4, 2014
    Same here, debated with myself a little too long and the missed the sheath's. I ordered a HaleStorm sheath and a Sagewood dangler attachment.

12. BrandonEDC

BrandonEDC

Aug 12, 2014
    Yeah.... at least you got the knife. While i was telling someone to buy one they sold out.

13. dogrunner

dogrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Got mine today too! Great knife. And got the shipping notice for my Necker 2, so it is a good day!

14. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    :eek: THAT would be interesting to see.... Pics if you go through with it? :thumbup:

15. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Thank you all, and for those of you waiting I hope yours comes in real soon!!!!!!

Can't wait to get my second SK, a GSO-3.5 and try that out! :D

Oh yeah! I'd love to see that too Brummie!!!!!! I think it would look wicked!!!!!!!!! :eek:-------:thumbup:

16. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Congrats it is a great blade.

17. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    Congrats on what must be a fantastic knife :thumbup: I have a GSO 5 that I got way back when and it has become my ALL TIME favorite camping and bushcraft knife .

18. Mic77

Mic77

Mar 7, 2013
    I just caught the GSO bug I went on a selling buying spree now I have the necker 2, 5.1, 4.1 for the wife, and 2 3.5 for the kids. Great quality for a great price. Ever one is razor sharp. I might have to buy a 3.5 for my self great little knife. 5.1 is so much wider than I thought it would be what a beast.

19. BrandonEDC

BrandonEDC

Aug 12, 2014
    Im waiting for the 20cv 4.1 to be available again before another purchase. Also the 10. I ordered the 5.1 a while ago lossing my mind waiting for it. They could make some extra cash if they offered a quick processing fee i would have paid at least 25 bucks to not wait over a month. But it does make me want it even more.

20. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I realize they are a 3 person operation and know they're doing the best they can. Hopefully their supply will start to match their demand!