Got my free Colonial knife in the mail.

Came last week, nice little "peanut" with Delrin Staglon looking handles reminds me of an Uncle Henry.

Overall very nice, fit and finish are perfect and the blades were hair poppin' sharp out of the box.

Backsprings are not quite as strong as Case, but are plenty strong.

It has no country of origin, are they USA made?

If so, I could see them filling the Schrade void perfect.

Actually your knife, although it looks like a peanut it probably thier new OLD CUTLER model "small trapper". It does kind of look like staglon with maybe some kind of worm groves it or what not. Fit and finish is quite nice, good snap, hair poppin sharp, I like the lack of a bolster on the end...gives it some charater. Only thing I found odd with a trapper this small is....what small animals are you going to use that spey blade on? :rolleyes:

You might want to check out my website for a weath of info on Colonial Past and Present. Have a couple reviews up there and the small trapper one should be up in a week, havn't had much time to play with it.

David

ColonialKnifeFan's Review Page

Sorry...forgot to answer your question, yes they are made in the US. Right here in the good 'ol state of Rhode Island :)

David

Your right, the metal plaque on it does say "Old Cutler" and I thought the "pen" blade was shaped more like a "spey" blade, so Small Trapper would fit it for a name.

Neat little knife, adn I could see skinnin' squirrels with a blade this small!

Nice web-site!

O'brother, not this free knife stuff again... Last time they got P>O>ed and sent out cheap China crap.

They sent me the same knife, and I hadn't even sent them any postage, so it really was free.

I thought the box was classy.

I never got jack, but some who did, complained about what they got..

I am really pleased with the one I got and the box was kinda cool also, has a real retro look.

I'm going to carry mine for awhile and we'll see how it holds up. I normally go for larger knives, but I can test out this little one.

Back