Got my Gunner Grips

Got my Gunner Grips on Saturday, WOW!!!!!!!!!!beats the hell out of the old Cocobolo ones i had. I put 300 Rounds through the gun Saturday Eveneing and Sunday during daylight I am able to achieve a full combat grip without any slippage at all. and believe it or not here in Eastern Montana at night in the cold the grips almost felt warm!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob if you called Saturday on your way through sorry if i missed you
I had a call out and didn't get back until eveneing on the plus side i did find the package with the grips in it.

Glad you like the grips! I should have just dropped them off but who was thinking?

I came through Forsyth at about 7 pm Saturday and I was running way late and had no chance to stop so I guess it all worked out anyway!

By the way, I got some horsehair yesterday, prison made by an Indian inmate that is fabulous. Here is a quick picture. Could you do something like this? Its a pipestem. Its good work, can you do one with a more Indian look? :)

Jerry, that is not beadwork it is a cowboy art form called horsehair hitching. it is made with strands of horsehair hitched over a couple of strings and dependign on the way you do the hitching it forms the patterns. it is a tedious but very elegant art that you can cover a 1" piece of wood in about an hour. i make belts out of horsehair and it takes between 250 and 500 hours depending on the pattern to make a belt for a 36 inch waist. (there you go more information thatn you ever needed on horsehair)

Agreed, Jerry. Beautiful stuff. tacmedic45 when it takes that kind of time, how much does a belt cost? just wondering, thanks

well charges on the belts usually run one of two ways i either charge 5.25 and hour for my labor or $400 dollars for a belt up to a 40inch waist or 250.00 for a female belt. but i do trade for blades. i have had people tell me that i am to expensive but i guess that most knifemakers can't make it at minumum wage so maybe my craft is worth something. if you guys want email me and i can send some pictures the 5.25 an hour does not include materials. you can find cheaper horshair belts on ebay but i guarantee you will not find the quality of work that I can produce. I guess i look at it as the difference between a Simonich knife or a crkt or cold steel.

I guess I'm an SAK kind of guy. If I ever bought a $400 belt, my wife would hang me with it, probably not my the neck either... :D

That's okay Jerry thats about the same thing my wife said when i mentioned buying another knife:) only she said something about useing the next new knife or gun i brought in the house. and i don't think she meant for hunting either

Back