Got my Harpoon . . . . .

Burchtree

KnifeMaker & Moderator
I got my first ER knife today. Went and visited Frank as his shop and ended up taking home a Harpoon with the miles coating. Doing a little camping and canoeing this weekend and plan on seeing how she handles. I'll let you all know what I think.

BTW -- Frank was a pleasure to work with.

Edited to add: I just did the arm-hair test. It's hair-popping scary sharp. And yes, I did the test right here at work. But my coworkers are used to it. :D

Originally posted by Burchtree
I got my first ER knife today. Went and visited Frank as his shop and ended up taking home a Harpoon with the ..

Edited to add: I just did the arm-hair test. It's hair-popping scary sharp. And yes, I did the test right here at work. But my coworkers are used to it. :D

Just did likewise with mine, it shaved so close i can see the folicles :)

I would like to know how this baby performed.

I have a tiger striped Harpoon F, but haven't used it yet. :(

Do you have the F?

Yup,mines the tigertech f, the blade took some serious abuse and stayed factory sharp. After using the teeth on a tree stump one or two small 'nicks' were left on the teeth, and the grey finish rubbed off just slightly on the tips of the teeth.

Great knife, but not completely indestructable.

You might want to think those factors over before you add 'character' to a $250+ knife/....

Supposedly, those teeth aren't for sawing wood, but for ripping through aircraft skin for rescue operations. ;)

Okay well i look kind of silly. Although I dunno when I'm going to have to cut myslef out of a plance in my ignorance i conluded 'a saw is a saw'

In that case its a testament to its tough
nature.

Back