Got my Runt

That Fiddleback knife that gets no respect. I get home from work last night to my wife holding a package out to me, rattling something around and asking "What's this? It sounds like a knife." Uh oh.

I open Andy's signature wrapping to a thing of beauty in a sweet JRE neck sheath. I pull it out of the VERY snug sheath wrong and start juggling it, almost slicing myself open a la Ghostwolf. Once I get puchase of the thing, it's a very stout little knife. Wonderful grip that takes three fingers well with my pinky backing up the rear. I was wondering about the thick (5/32") blade, but this thing is SHARP. I wouldn't want to unless I had to, but this thing could probably split some wood no problem. Beautiful bocote over EIRW handles. I have one of Andy's nessmuks from about a year-and-a-half ago, and it's a wonderful knife, but this thing...wow...Andy's definitely learned a lot of new tricks. Like the convex saber grind with micro bevel. Who the heck else would take the time to grind a knife like that.

Anyway, this is just a quick excite ramble...gotta do Halloween stuff, then maybe a more coherent and useful inital review later.

Pics man, we love pics. :D One in hand would be awesome.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the pics Andy already posted on a different thread. But more pics never hurt.

Last edited:
this is my runt (sadly my only fiddleback) in hand. i added a little lanyard knot at the end and it gives a nice feel. your little finger locks in right before it, depending on how long you make it. it's a nice improvement on the grip without extending the knife, so it keeps it a small package.
runtinhand.jpg

The Runt is a neato little knife. If I ever do a folder, it'll be a runt based knife.

The base price is $100. The little sheath there adds $15. I have two available currently!!

My wife has banned me from taking any more knife photos on her digital camera and my cell phone pics are unfit to post here. I will gladly PM anyone who wants a cr@ppy in-hand pic.

Last night I was slicing up apples that were too large for the corer. The Runt went through like butter (duh), and acted somewhat like a wedge on tighter, thinner cuts. stupid acid juice lightened up the forge scale.

It is a VERY secure knife. even with my hands and handle covered in apple juice, Andy's handle swells kept it firmly in-hand. It has a very thick handle for such a small knife and the weight is definitely handle-biased, giving you very good control.

I made a necklace for the sheath out of a 5' length of paracord I had hanging around fastened with a slider knot. I can't wait to start bringing this on short hiking trips.

That's a very good looking knife. My next Fiddleback in definitely gonna be one of these.

Sweet! If I ever get one, rayban is making the sheath.

Why thank you Rocky.....I love my RUNT...I reach for it much more than I do my Izula (I think I only keep it around cuzz I pimped it up so much).
Andy's EDC is the next one in my sights.;)

Snuck a couple of "good" photos in.

Wearing pants and a necklace...
IMG_4968.jpg

Very secure in-hand...
IMG_4972.jpg

A little on the thick side, but she sure has some nice curves
IMG_4973.jpg

This sucks. I want one with a rayban sheath. I will PM you both when I have some money! Btw, I love how fat the handle is Andy!!

Back