• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

got my Tiger Warden today!

yahoo! Here's a pic after a mineral oil bath. Shown next to my Black Tie warden.

121457845-M.jpg

Looks great Gary. I have a couple of tigers that just don't have handles that bright. Did the mineral oil bring colors out that much or is it partly from camera flash?

How long did you leave oil on before washing off? Thanks

Hi Ken,

No camera flash, it's all mineral oil. I didn't wash it off. Left it on.

Give it a try.

-Gary

Looks great Gary. I have a couple of tigers that just don't have handles that bright. Did the mineral oil bring colors out that much or is it partly from camera flash?

How long did you leave oil on before washing off? Thanks

Thats a beauty..
does anyone have a link to her (Tiger Wardens) specs? specifically the thickness?

Also, what is the thickest warden?

My Sar and Skelly look the same, thick at .200, but my tiger appears even thicker,... visably thicker anyhow...
I got 3 from a recent shipment and they all look visably fatter than all my other .200" blades, (including the SAR and mud Skelly)...

-One is already sold, but i have two more listed (from the last shipment),... I will take them off the for sale until i verify thickness, incase i have factory freaks, that would be way cool!)- this is the second time i regret the loss of my caliper... going to harborfreight monday for a new one! (this is not a for sale post, do not make offers based on this post.)

Nice plug. Very subtle.

BTW, is your signature missing something? I can't make any sense of it. Should we not be hog hate'n, or actually hate hogs and for some reason Farms, too, like the 2nd line says?

The tiger is .170 according to my order from bcs:

Game Warden - Satin finished blade @ .170, tiger hide micarta scales.

Putting the mineral oil on was like night and day on the tiger....!

Without using calipers, when compariing my Tiger to the others that I have, it definitely appears to be .17". It is the thickest handling GW I have other than the Buffalo Warden.

Not a plug, i pulled them down from the sale forum... (not for sale anymore, so what would be plugged?).. i hope to know more monday... .170 they are not. I guess i never really inspected them, the one i boxed up looked crazy fat, enough to have me compare...

I have all the .170 GW's and my 2 tigers appear to have a thicker blade. Could be illusion, don't have calipers.
The tiger handles are the thickest by a good bit. Don't need caliper to be sure of that.

I only have micarta and g10's. Don't know about buffalo, etc.

I have all the .170 GW's and my 2 tigers appear to have a thicker blade. Could be illusion, don't have calipers.
The tiger handles are the thickest by a good bit. Don't need caliper to be sure of that.

I only have micarta and g10's. Don't know about buffalo, etc.

that makes me feel this is normal and not the fat freak i had hoped for... but will know monday (after i buy a caliper)...

I just spec'd mine right at the spine just in front of the slabs.

SMOG PE - 0.133"
LE - 0.141"
Orange - 0.149"
Skelly - 0.180"
Tiger - 0.180"

(Rounded up from the nearest 10,000th)

Back