• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed out of 100 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not scam you. You got scammed by leaving your email in public and having some random scammer (probably in Nigeria) send you an email for payment.

He did not scam you. You got scammed by leaving your email in public and having some random scammer (probably in Nigeria) send you an email for payment.
So I had a scammer scam me?
I answered an ad for an item for sale. Just letting everybody know that this guy is out there taking payments and not sending items.

When did you give the seller your email address? And how?

So I had a scammer scam me?
I answered an ad for an item for sale. Just letting everybody know that this guy is out there taking payments and not sending items.
Do a search for your email address. If it is listed anywhere, you were not scammed by the person selling the knife. Scammers are finding email addresses, finding people who post "I'll take it", and emailing with payment details.

Do a search for your email address. If it is listed anywhere, you were not scammed by the person selling the knife. Scammers are finding email addresses, finding people who post "I'll take it", and emailing with payment details.
I think I only had one but it was a different listing. First time I ever had a problem . Crazy

Folks, it's getting old to reiterate that you should both READ and FOLLOW the suggested guidelines we've posted up. There's little that we can do for you if you don't do your part.

Please spend ten bucks and get a "Basic" membership so you can use PMs in future.

(No, the moderators do not have any financial interest in the site and work for free.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back