Grails, I guess...

I have never really been on a search for a "Grail"...I just love knives, and then I discovered Busse and have experimented with many flavors.

I will say that basically any SHBM is a grail for me, and sometimes I see knives that I have to purchase becasue I can tell without holding what the knife is going to be like. I am a MOJO/MOFO fan, and I have some old school CS MEFO/MOFOS/MOJOS...I always felt the older longer blades would rival any knife for an all arounder...I have been contemplating buying a MEFO/MOFO and having the catch removed and transformed into an ultimate user for me...the non-catch versions are much harder to come by, so I have not just went ahead and used that one...another has never come up in my short-lived Busse life that I have seen...

Well, I found one I did not have to modify, and the hand ground SH variant I picked up is one I will never part with and it is also another perfect all-arounder. Would love a second, although may just have to get over it and use it for what it is intended for...

Anyways, if ever I had Grails, these would be up there...

NZtma5Cl.jpg

6SFzaHzl.jpg

uSeicfnl.jpg

xurPrj7l.jpg

pYtRIgZl.jpg

uQBQ9sKl.jpg

gQS2p2Hl.jpg

Last edited:
Really sweet blades !!!!! I’d say those are grails :)

To your point, and it is a good one...it is not an ASH variant at all - and I basically meant steel heart variant. I had a lapse in my Baconator Acronyms...I was thinking steel heart, and ASH just came out...

This knife is too old to be an anniversary anything...

And, if I understand the term "flying" correctly, it is not a flying anything...not sharp up top...

It is one sweet knife, that is for sure.

Appreciate the question - for real...

Cam

I didn’t mean to suggest your knife was diminished in any way by comparison with the BGB, btw. That’s a very cool variant you have there. I actually like the handle shape of yours better than the finger grooves on the BGB.

And the catchless MOFO is hands down the sexiest derivative of that genre—very special pair you have there!:thumbsup::cool:

CustomMojo.jpg
Here's a Custom Shop iteration I had Garth carve out of a Muddy Mojo LE some years ago. Removed the blade catch and left the polished spine with no thumb ramp. Also removed the skull crusher point on the pommel and angled the edge upward to the choil, removing the serrations on that model. Always liked this knife, and again, I like your stock version as well.

We definitely have similar tastes in blades.:thumbsup::D

To your point, and it is a good one...it is not an ASH variant at all - and I basically meant steel heart variant. I had a lapse in my Baconator Acronyms...I was thinking steel heart, and ASH just came out...

This knife is too old to be an anniversary anything...

And, if I understand the term "flying" correctly, it is not a flying anything...not sharp up top...

It is one sweet knife, that is for sure.

Appreciate the question - for real...

Cam
Have a similar variant, mine is sage coated & Tigerhide, my clip is sharpened, no serrations. It is a SHe-v: Steel Heart ergo variant. Will post a pic for you when I get to my tablet. :thumbsup:

I love threads like this. Where some of you long time Hogs show off some rare stuff I’ve never seen or heard about before.:thumbsup: Particularly those Bowies. Thanks :)

View attachment 943923
Here's a Custom Shop iteration I had Garth carve out of a Muddy Mojo LE some years ago. Removed the blade catch and left the polished spine with no thumb ramp. Also removed the skull crusher point on the pommel and angled the edge upward to the choil, removing the serrations on that model. Always liked this knife, and again, I like your stock version as well.

We definitely have similar tastes in blades.:thumbsup::D

That is exactly the type of mod I will not have to do now! Although, I have an old school Mojo LE Satin that would look kick-ass like that!

So it is possible to have the serrations removed...I have a "newer" CS Mojo with blade catch and serrations with the same handle as the SHe Variant, interstingly enough with hand smoothed black/green G10 that has serrations I do not particularly care for (you would know the blade if I posted a pic, there are several out there, and I have seen one with no serrations, and I did not grab.

C

I didn’t mean to suggest your knife was diminished in any way by comparison with the BGB, btw. That’s a very cool variant you have there. I actually like the handle shape of yours better than the finger grooves on the BGB.

And the catchless MOFO is hands down the sexiest derivative of that genre—very special pair you have there!:thumbsup::cool:

Did not think anything of it at all, just another badass knife to look at and know about!

Ahhh, if I were born in a different Busse era....

OMFG, where did you find that EU Uncle MoFo?!?!?!? Oh yeah, that was a Grail for me.

Congrats on two stunning scores!

You might like this thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-grail-by-crook-or-by-hook.708371/

I got this one from D. Desmond on the Bay - it was just sitting there on Ebay one random peruse day, and there was never a flinch - good price too considering fees etc.

I just got the MOFO, had the SHe V for awhile now...

Ndocyk touched up the blade and re-blasted the She V for me...he did an amazing job, the blade was/is almost satin - could be in no time - pure spa treatment and since sterile, no alteration from how it left the shop many, many years ago, just a little cleaner and sharper.

I am glad this has brought some older blades into the light!

Back