Grand Canyon & Fiddleback

Some pics from a 4 day, 28 mile rim to rim hike in June.

The North Kaibab Trail

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

Ribon Falls

IMG_4746.jpg

No fires so the Fiddleback Lady Finger was consigned to pencil sharpening & mole skin cutting and performed admirably.

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

Plateau Point

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

wow.. awesome pics man...:eek: the Grand Canyon is such an amzing place.. i haven't been there in years...

Awesome pics brotha! What does that writing on the table say?

I can't wait to get back to the Grand Canyon someday. I loved it there.

Great pictures man! That looks like a fun hike. Sometime before I die I want to do a rim to rim hike at the GC.

Thanks Guys, it was definitely an event of a life time. Did I mention my 82 yo Grand Father and 57 yo Mother went to. It is hard to grasp the pure immenseness of the GC, pics do not convey it.

It was hot, around 110 during midday. We were carrying around 35 lbs, which includeds 4litres of water and pack. IMO, harder on the external body going in (7 miles, 4k ft), harder on internal/respiratory walking out (4.5 miles, 3k ft). I think it had alot to do with the elevation on the way out.

Something everyone should do in a lifetime if possible. If you just want to go to the Rim, go to the North. It is quiet, better views, 100 times less touristy and all that comes with it.

CB

Back