1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Grayman Satu

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Razor, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    I have got the fever for one of these big boys. I think it would go good with the Duo I own. Is these knives to big for pocket carry? I carry a ZT 200 some and it doesn't bother me at all. How do you all think they compare to the Duo? It is one knife I really like. The fit and finish are great on these.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. BladeScout

BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    You had one job ...

3. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Hahaha.

"Stau" , "knifes". What's next ?

Anyway , I always thought the Satu looked nice.

4. Tasmaniac

Tasmaniac Incurable Bladeaholic Platinum Member

Feb 18, 2011
    I prefer the Grayman Duo. :D

5. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    I have had two. Lol

6. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I had a Satu and it is kind of heavy in the pocket, I think 10 ounces or better. The Satu is a stout folder and with the bronze washers in it...it is one smooth deployed folder. It's a lot of knife for the money and if you like big folders this is a good one. I'd like it better though without the recurve blade.

7. fordmn1966

fordmn1966 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I have on and love it. Pocket machete is what my friends call it. It's in my Edc rotation and I have no problems carrying it. It got some lock rock about a year ago so I sent it to Grayman and they replaced the Ti side no charge. Now it is super smooth. Flys open and drops shut.

8. deerslap

deerslap

Jun 2, 2016
    I'm looking at picking up a Satu here real soon myself. I carry a Medford Arktika and it's weighing in at 12.88 ounces, not the lightest pocket cutter around and tends to disappear once its on you long enough. But after you carry it for awhile everything else seems like a feather. I believe the Satu will carry just fine but if you find the need Grayman sells a sheath for the Satu.

9. Blade814

Blade814 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jan 4, 2000
  10. sabre cat

sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Pulling your own rope, I see. It's all good though.

11. Blade814

Blade814 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jan 4, 2000
    Someone has to do it :), I love these Graymans, I will have some more coming.

12. 10POWER

10POWER

May 24, 2013
    Got any all black DLC Satu's coming?

13. Mister X

Mister X

Apr 25, 2015
    The thumb stud should be like the Dua stud for better purchase. A bit of .25" I.D. silicone hose cut to fit on it fixed it up. The Satu is one of my favorite yard craft folders.[​IMG]

14. goldie

goldie Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2000
    (A bit of .25" I.D. silicone hose cut to fit on it fixed it up.) Great idea love these little innovations !

15. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Why don't you just buy it directly from the Grayman website? They do have some in stock, I just checked.

16. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I have 2 Dua's and will some day have a Satu!!! Great knives. The Satu is a BEAST!!!!!

17. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    I've been enjoying my Dua a lot and considered selling a few things to get a Satu.

[​IMG]