Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

IMG_20150212_090205.jpg

Here is my first 66. I like the knife but the secondary spring is light. As you can see it wont even close the spay blade, it has to be pushed down.
I think I will send this one back in the morning.
VhF1k1T.jpg

Here is my first 66. I like the knife but the secondary spring is light. As you can see it wont even close the spay blade, it has to be pushed down.
I think I will send this one back in the morning.
VhF1k1T.jpg

The weak secondary spring on this run of 66's seems to be a fairly common complaint on an otherwise really nice stockman pattern. If you return it for replacement, you may get one that's slightly better, but maybe not. My one has a weak secondary spring & while the spring certainly isn't getting stronger, it does seem to be closing much better after using it for a while.

The weak secondary spring on this run of 66's seems to be a fairly common complaint on an otherwise really nice stockman pattern. If you return it for replacement, you may get one that's slightly better, but maybe not. My one has a weak secondary spring & while the spring certainly isn't getting stronger, it does seem to be closing much better after using it for a while.

I had pretty much the same on mine and after opening and closing it a lot and using it some it now got better. Still no strong snap but better than straight out of the tube.

I had pretty much the same on mine and after opening and closing it a lot and using it some it now got better. Still no strong snap but better than straight out of the tube.

Same here, after a bath wit dish soap and a mineral oil flush it has improved, the blades close on their own with a bit of snap. But it is still a bit too light for my taste, somehow a strong spring is really important for how much I like a knife. I like everything else about this knife, but because of the soft secondary spring it isn't carried as much as other knives. (Another factor are the good looks, it's almost too pretty to use, but I will get over that :D)

These knives have something in common, they're almost too pretty to use. Especially the Guardians Lambsfoot: normally I use the main blades of my knives primarily for fruit, but I'd hate to lose the etch and shiny blade on this one. So for now it won't do any fruit cutting, but there'll still be other chores it can do :)

Today we'll celebrate Sinterklaas, so there will be a lot of presents that need opening :D

Fine jigging on those Stockman versions, such a shame about the weak snap-not useful on a multi blade knife in particular.

I have a Rotten Banana Bone Jack that's seen some use and is no way mint, but I don't really warm to it much lately. Great snapper that one though.

Back