Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
Greetings folks
After a short wait my two Great Eastern knives have arrived

A 4 1/2" Tidioute Pioneer Linerlock with Burnt Grizzly Bone handle slabs
and a 3 3/4" Northfield Scout Linerlock with Burnt Stag handle slabs

They are both very,very nice.

Both edges were a little dull so a few light passes on my trusty Sharpmaker and they were hair popping sharp.
The 73 is already in my pocket and doing daily edc duty and the 23 will be carried on special occasions.
For the price they are amazing value for money.The fit and finish is excellent and the handle material is unique and timeless.

Mongo asked:
You MUST, I repeat... MUST give us your impression of the liner lock, and what kind of grip it gives. I need to know if it interferes at all with the grip. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a liner lock at any moment.
I can honestly say that for me I hardly notice them and they do not bother me in the slightest.The lock seems strong and practical. More than enough for my daily use.....

Both knives will be carried in a hot climate and will be regular users so I will give you regular updates on their performance and hardiness.

I will definitely order more from GE. I am very impressed with the product.

Here are some pics with other knives for size comparison.
IMG_0278.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0282.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0285.jpg
[/IMG]

The two together...
IMG_0287.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats, looks like you chose well.

Ahh crap, now I gotta get some of those. They just look too good to pass up.
I'm so used to carrying a big knife sometimes a full size trapper feels too small.
(although the wristband made me laugh a little) :)

mike

Those are so tempting to order, especially the #23! I love the grizzly bone!

Does anyone know how much the #23 and #73 weigh and the respective blade lengths?

Thank you for your kind words Gents. The GE's have done their first day of edc duty and everyone I have shown them to loves them and they are amazed at the value. I look forward to many more.......:)

NICE!!!!! Those are awesome, but the jigging on that bone on the Pioneer is INSANE!!!!! Must figure out how to sneak more knives past the wife. Has anyone ever opened a P.O. Box to support their knife addiction before?

Back