Great little pocket clip for SAK.

mwhich50

Gold Member
I'm very excited to be carrying my Tinker/Super Tinker. I hate when knives turn sideways; with the change; at the bottom of my pocket. The sand and pocket lint in the pivot is aggravating, as well.
These are awesome: $8-$9 (2). They are called "Suspension Clips".

Victorinox just released their new pocket clip that attaches directly to the SAK ($25 ea). Because it is mounted on the SAK, it blocks/partially blocks a few of the less used tools.

Has anyone else seen another great gadget (besides standard sheaths) that will allow you to carry knives that don't have pocket clips.

I would love to start carrying some of my Case knives. A small sleeve (production) with a pocket clip would be great.

41L4CZKJTyL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Basically I've always found the pocket clips to be a PITA. For my SAK's, I attach a lanyard just long enough that the knot gets slipped under my belt with the SAK handing down in my pocket, just above the bottom of the pocket. The lanyard holds it secure, it can't fall out pf the pocket and get lost, and a lanyard is handy if your working on a ladder or high place or on a boat. I make sure the lanyard loop is just big enough to slip over my hand and around my wrist. The lanyard is removable in a few seconds if need be.

Been doing this with my SAK's about 50 years now, so far so good.

I'm very excited to be carrying my Tinker/Super Tinker. I hate when knives turn sideways; with the change; at the bottom of my pocket. The sand and pocket lint in the pivot is aggravating, as well.

Victorinox just released their new pocket clip that attaches directly to the SAK ($25 ea). Because it is mounted on the SAK, it blocks/partially blocks a few of the less used tools.

Has anyone else seen another great gadget (besides standard sheaths) that will allow you to carry knives that don't have pocket clips.

I would love to start carrying some of my Case knives. A small sleeve (production) with a pocket clip would be great.

@knifeswapper (Collectorknives.net) sells a couple variations of these:

PRMLPCslipL.jpg

They're under $20, beautifully made and will not only keep a clipless knife handy, but protect it from other pocket fodder.

You can make a suspension clip out of thermoplastic including small pieces of kydex in whatever color/width/etc. that you want for even less $$, and there are folk that sell them. Heck, you could do it with all sorts of materials that may be lying around.

For SAKs, I like buying alox models and adding a pocket clip:
bWI757g.jpg

RYeF5I9.jpg

I've thought about making some with those little picture hanging hooks, but the ones we had sitting around the house had too many sharp edges to be worth fooling with, and I was afraid the end result would look janky anyway.

I do have some brass suspension clips. I can't remember where I got them because they were sitting around for a while before I put them to use, but it ended up being a perfect solution for my Prometheus light since it has a key-ring tailcap. I tumbled both the light and the clip, then forced a patina separately on them using the fumes from a salt/apple cider vinegar mixture until they matched.

AKdluut.jpg

Basically I've always found the pocket clips to be a PITA. For my SAK's, I attach a lanyard just long enough that the knot gets slipped under my belt with the SAK handing down in my pocket, just above the bottom of the pocket. The lanyard holds it secure, it can't fall out pf the pocket and get lost, and a lanyard is handy if your working on a ladder or high place or on a boat. I make sure the lanyard loop is just big enough to slip over my hand and around my wrist. The lanyard is removable in a few seconds if need be.

I have tons of paracord. If I ever start wearing a belt regularly, I will try this.

image.jpeg I like a clip on a SAK. If using Titanium scales, they can be drilled and tapped for pocket clips.

I independently "discovered" this same thing! Works very well, even with a heavy knife such as the Rangergrip 78.

I rarely carried my SAK until I bought a suspension clip for it.
Now it’s in my pocket almost every day.
The split ring acts almost as a little hinge, the knife just disappears in your pocket.
Two thumbs up.

I rarely carried my SAK until I bought a suspension clip for it.
Now it’s in my pocket almost every day.
The split ring acts almost as a little hinge, the knife just disappears in your pocket.
Two thumbs up.
There is also plenty of room for a small knife lanyard attached to one side of the clip top. The clip seems to work well in scrubs, keeping the knife out of sight. I think teachers would like this, as well.

Back