1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Great stuff with photos and comments ! Post1

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Dino in Reno, May 1, 2019.

1. Dino in Reno

Dino in Reno

Jul 16, 2005
    So during a visit I got to see and handle some of the new and interesting blades at Aunty Yangdo's :) I will do several posts rather than one long one (easier on me :) )

A "new" U.B. Special version.Folks if I had not committed to some other new bladesI would have left with this one instead. The total package is over the top. New ideas and fantastic qualities, and it felt great too. Of course I blew the photo somehow...
    Check the new, to me at least, grip shape. It was a touch large for my hand (I have thick stubby fingers) but gave me ideal "indexing" of the knife and had been fitted and shaped with great care.
    The blade was one of the best shaped and finished H.I. khukris I have seen, the best I have seen in person. Note the taper under the grip. This gave it great balance without being balanced too far back in the hand, I mostly like the "thin" tangs for this reason, but this felt great.
    Someone needs to buy this NOW, and save me from domestic strife... ;-)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Not sure why, but I can't see the pictures?

3. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Great post but can't see the pix?

Thank you

4. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Puter nerd to the rescue: Wow! Thats Khul!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dino in Reno

Dino in Reno

Jul 16, 2005
    Thanks Ndog! What did I do wrong???

6. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    The html image tags generated by Imgur are not correct. Not you Dino its them. They will prolly fix it soon as somebody complains.
    Another way is to open the photo on imgur then right click on image and select "copy image address" then go back to BF and click the picture icon above in this dialog box and paste (ctrl V) what you just copied into it then click the "insert" button and that should do it.