Great things to come from DDR!

Darrel and I have been keeping in touch via email for quite a while now, ever since I got my HTM Gunhammer 2 (see the review in the review forum). I may not be a stone's throw away from his workshop, but he does keep me in the loop of his latest happenings around the shop. Let me say that there are awesome things to come, things I've been asked not to reveal yet, at least until SHOT show is over. I have had the privilege of seeing some of his work before they were officially unveiled, through high resolution pictures. The man is always revising and updating his work, striving to improve and perfect his designs, drawing inspiration from various media. I almost feel bad knowing I have an older version of his work...almost. ;) It is for those reasons that I believe DDR to be the pioneers in innovation. I think DDR fans will be pleased to see what Darrel has to offer this new year.

The things that are coming! WOW!What was that Pinhead said in Hellraiser... Oh the sights I could show you...

Hark, I have been where you sit. Darrel used to tease me all of the time with the things he was working on. It was not an easy thing!

Darrel and HTM are all about innovation. It's amazing to look at where things are now and where they were a few years ago.

Definitely. Some might awesome ones at that too from what I have seen.

Thanks for the lead Harkamus...can you give us some poor souls some insight? Like the length, handle design, blade thickness, with or without pocket clip?

:confused:

I think since the Shot Show is over, I can divulge some info, especially since it's on Darrel's facebook page.

Specs I'm not sure of, but the Venturi's are coming soon. They will have a few different grip options such as inlays (like mammoth ivory), MAXX glide bearing system, adjustable pivot, adjustable latch. Titanium versions are to follow.

I do not recall seeing any clips on them, but I'm sure that is an option Darrel can provide without much difficulty.

These are all Venturi V8 balisongs.

TIcf01.jpg
s30v and titanium with carbon fiber inlays in chevron pattern

TIcf02.jpg

alienpredator01.jpg
Here, Darrel takes inspiration from the Aliens movies. He calls the texture Alien Predator. It is supposed to be the vertebral column, spine of the alien in those films. The man def thinks outside the box. It looks fantastic. All stainless steel damascus by the way.

alienpredator02.jpg

mivory01.jpg
Mammoth ivory chevron pattern

mivory02.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!!! Those look absolutely gorgeous!!

:eek:

Do you know if Darrel will be making some less elaborate and market them in the MAXX Q line?

Thanks for uploading the photos Harkamus

:thumbup:

That will remain to be seen if Darrel decides on an HTM version of those balis. It seems like a logical progression of his knives in that line up. I'm sure Darrel will confirm or deny that when he sees this posting. Also, from what I know, he does not use that name anymore, Maxx Q. That line became his HTM line. Maxx is only what he calls his bearing system.

That will remain to be seen if Darrel decides on an HTM version of those balis. It seems like a logical progression of his knives in that line up. I'm sure Darrel will confirm or deny that when he sees this posting. Also, from what I know, he does not use that name anymore, Maxx Q. That line became his HTM line. Maxx is only what he calls his bearing system.

Thank you for the correction Harkamus. I sincerely hope Darrel makes an HTM version of the balisong. The balisong community would surely be interested in a mid range flipper, and most likely will fill a void.

Ok those Bali's are drop dead beautiful. I would love to have one of Darrels Bali's but I don't know how to flip one. How hard is it to learn the basics?

Back