Greco Companion

Anyone have this knife? Is it a custom or production? What do you think of it?

thanks,

sing

I don't have that knife but I do have a couple of his knives. They are made of 1/4 A2
with a saber grind, they are very tough. I like them, but I pefer a thinner knife. Well made tho.
smile.gif

------------------
-Greg Johnson
ICQ#4236341

sing:
just ordered one so it can be worn on
the small of the back.the knife is a
custom from what i know,plus it looks
really good.in the performance
department what i read in tactical knife
magazine it's a really good knife,and
good price too!just received my knife
from tatical-ops,the model#302,AWSOME.

Thanks.

Jacko, what are the dimensions of the companion? Does come with a sheath?

sing

Do any of you folks happen to have a URL to this guys products. I don't think I've ever seen his stuff!

Thanks

canis

sing:
from what the book tells me is that it is a modified drop point,with a 5-inch long,1/4-inch thick hollow slightly ground blade,which is 1 1/4-inches at its widest point.it has a 4 1/4-inch swedge,a 3/4-inch long,full 1/4-inch thick shoulder immediately in front of the handle,giving strength and a wide surface to put your thumb on.the blade sweeps down in front of the handle forming the guard.the handle is 4 3/4-inch long,3/4-inch wide.this info is from the march issue of tatical knives.

sing:
from what the book tells me is that it is a modified drop point,with a 5-inch long,1/4-inch thick hollow slightly ground blade,which is 1 1/4-inches at its widest point.it has a 4 1/4-inch swedge,a 3/4-inch long,full 1/4-inch thick shoulder immediately in front of the handle,giving strength and a wide surface to put your thumb on.the blade sweeps down in front of the handle forming the guard.the handle is 4 3/4-inch long,3/4-inch wide.this info is from the march issue of tatical knives.it does come with a sheath,a black pouch sheath.

Canis he doesn't have a wed site, But here is mailing address

Greco Knives
100 Mattie Jones Rd.
Greensburg, Ky 42743
(502)932-3335

------------------
-Greg Johnson
ICQ#4236341

Jacko,

Thanks much for taking the time.

Canis, I saw an ad for the Greco companion. Nice looking knife. No email, no website. Just address and phone #. I'm going to give him a call.

sing

Well, the Greco companion came in today. I think this thing is bombproof. It's by far the largest knife I have with a six inch blade and a quarter inch thick spine. I'm so used to light folders that this knife feels really HEAVY. I like the design and it is pretty well made with some minor unevenness in the grind. Nice heavy leather sheath too. The price of $84 makes it a very good buy. It'll get used for heavy utility when I get up to the camp in the Maine woods.

He does offer more "tactical" models with 4" blades, deep finger index on the handle but still a 1/4" thick spine. For '99, his catalog mentions 3/16 stock for newer designs.

sing

Back