1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Green Carbon Fiber Blur w/ CPM-154 Blade

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by flarp, Feb 1, 2013.

1. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    Put together a Franken-Blur... Been wanting one of the green CF Blurs since I first saw it, but didn't really care for the black blade. Also been curious about CPM-154, but that seemed to be exclusive to the black CF Blur. Enter the Franken-Blur... :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seemed like a waste to put the black blade back into the black CF Blur, so I pulled a S30V one and put it in that. The original S30V's handles then ended up with the black blade from the green Snap-On Blur. Here are the 3 Franken-Blurs plus the red Blur I won in a giveaway here a while back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701

Jan 29, 2008
    Looks great! I'd love to do that, but it would be one expensive frankenBlur :(

3. MattyLav

MattyLav

Jun 28, 2012
    Wow. That's absolutely beautiful :)

4. sticktodrum

sticktodrum Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2012
    That's wicked sexy. :D

5. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Thats the next blur I am thinking of aquireing! Awesome looking beast!

6. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    I like black-blades a lot, but I think what you did looks pretty awesome!!

7. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    Indeed... it was... but I'm trying not to think about that... Just thinking that I may have just put together my new favorite EDC knife. :D

8. SOC_MRN_Leon

SOC_MRN_Leon

Mar 9, 2012
    Really like that color combo! Sweet deal!

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701

Jan 29, 2008
    My latest frankenBlur (S30V/silver twill) was expensive enough for now, someday....

:D

10. Losing Battle

Losing Battle

Jan 18, 2013
    That is one great looking Blur. I was looking at picking up a green spiderweb blur blem from Dave, but I might have to change my plan...

LB

11. jhyde7585

jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    I like it. Purdy picture too

12. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    Oh hell yes! That is a wicked lookin' combo right there. Nice job!:thumbup:

13. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2012
    nice job flarp

14. Spyder328

Spyder328

Feb 12, 2012
    Nice! It looks sweet :thumbup:

Btw, the black and cf handle with the S30V blade is my dream Blur :D

15. Nicegy525

Nicegy525

Nov 28, 2011
    Nice combo! I put a ZDP blade on my CFGRN handle and now it is too sexy to EDC! I just take it out of my nightstand and stare at it, and sometimes drool a little bit...

16. kershawguy

kershawguy

Jun 11, 2005
    Pictures or it didn't happen :D

17. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    My original thought was to put the S30V blade in the green CF handles. My curiosity about CPM-154 got the better of me though. Many people seem to like it over S30V, which is already a fantastic blade steel. The CF Blur was at a good price and just a couple down from where I already was on kershawguy's list, so I figured, might as well...

Pics please! I want to see! I was seriously considering hunting down a ZDP composite blade, as I thought it would look awesome. Also, I've liked how ZDP-189 has held up on my Spydercos. Alas, this was already a rather expensive little venture, so maybe that was for the best...

I EDC'd the green CF Franken-Blur through the weekend and today. I don't see it leaving my pocket for a while. :D

18. kershawguy

kershawguy

Jun 11, 2005
    I have thought about doing a few of these, what about a black 154 blade from 1670SPGRN or 1670SPPR on the green CF handle

19. greeenie

greeenie

Nov 27, 2012
    Solid black 154 blade on cfgrn would b sick

20. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    The green CF handles with the original black Sandvik blade looked pretty sharp, and upping the steel to CPM154 would only give it that much more of an edge. ;) Personally, I went with the un-coated blade and clip to give it a lighter appearance.