Green micarta history...

I noticed from poking around ebay that green micarta is used on RMKs now. My one and only catalog, dated feb '99, only shows black and maroon micarta in it. Is this a catalog option now? Is it popular? Who had the idea to add green micarta? Any info would be great, as I want to know just because I'm a knife nut!

Crayola, The Randall shop does offer green micarta but only on knives with standard handles such as the smaller models and Models 1 and 2. They do not offer this material on Bowies or full tang models such as 14, 15 and 16's.

You will see these later knives being offered on the internet with green micarta. These knives were made with customer supplied green micarta. Randall is very strict about the dimensions of this material plus it must be slotted. /// Rhett

I talked to Randall Shop Foreman, Scott Maynard, about green micarta availability at Randall. The Randall shop does offer green micarta but only on knives with standard handles such as the smaller models and Models 1 and 2. They do not offer this material on Bowies or full tang models such as 14, 15 and 16's.
You will see these later knives being offered on the internet with green micarta. These knives were made with customer supplied green micarta. Randall is very strict about the dimensions of this material plus it must be slotted. /// Rhett

Back