Green River Knife with Mountain Man Sheath ID

I have this hand made knife that I was trying to correctly identify. Overall length is 12 1/2 inches. Blade is 7 1/8" with a blade width of 3/32". Blade is 1 3/8 deep. It sorta looks like a Seales Bowie without a guard and the tang is lower than like a bowie style.

It appears to be made in 1993 I believe. (There is a 93 on the sheath)

Any help is appreciated. (I was calling it a Green River style but the blade looks a little more like a Bowie)

GreenRiverknifewithmountainmansh-1.jpg

GreenRiverknifewithmountainmansheat.jpg

GreenRiverknifeinmountainmansheathr.jpg

GreenRiverknifeinmountainmansheathl.jpg

GreenRiverknifeinhandpic2.jpg

GreenRiverknifeinhandpic1.jpg

GreenRiverknifebrassguard.jpg

MountainMansheathwithyear93markinga.jpg

MountainMansheathwithmarkingsandfri.jpg

MountainMansheathwithmakersmark.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a home made. I don't think it's a green river blade, maybe a file blade. Seems to have a very steep grind, how does it cut? Nice looking sheath. If you google Green River knife blades you should come up with pics of their current (old style) blades, Crazy Crow carries some.

Regards

Robin

I haven't really used it. I'll probably sell it for what I have in it, but I wanted to see if I could gain some additional knowledge about it. Thanks for the info.

It looks like one of these to me -
sameblad.jpg

Somebody built the knife using one of the larger of those blades, IMO. They are made by a Norwegian maker named Brusletto. They are made after a pattern said to have been used by the Saami people, indigenous to the area. It's probably a carbon steel blade.

Hope this helps.

Andy

It certainly looks like a Leuku style blade with a mountain man sheath, not a bad syncretism of knife traditions at all. I quite like it.

Here are a couple of traditional Finnish leukus from different manufacturers
wolf_leuku_knife.jpg

leuku.jpg

It looks like one of these to me -
sameblad.jpg

Somebody built the knife using one of the larger of those blades, IMO. They are made by a Norwegian maker named Brusletto. They are made after a pattern said to have been used by the Saami people, indigenous to the area. It's probably a carbon steel blade.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Great job! I think you tagged it. Unmarked but I would assume it is carbon steel. Thanks.

Back