Greetings from Afghanistan

Greetings from the mountains of eastern Afghanistan! I have had a lifetime love affair with the Khukri, and registered to end a couple of years of anonymous lurking in this forum (and also to try to snag one of the "Westbrook" donated knives!) I'm currently deployed to a small COP as an infantryman, where I've had occasion to do a little chopping on some local vegetation with my British Army Service. It's not the first time these mountains have heard someone shouting "Ayo Ghorkali!!" I look forward to continuing to learn about these wonderful blades from all the experts here. Thanks for providing such a wonderful resource.

Steve

Hello, Steve, it is a pleasure to 'meet' you! As a matter of fact, it is a pleasure to meet anyone who serves. Welcome to the Cantina, pull up a chair, stay a while! We're all here for newcomers like you. Peace.
David

Welcome to the HI and fourm, Steve
Thank you for your service to our great country

Welcome, Steve!

I served as an 11-series there 06-07. I'll probably be headed back before year's end.

Watch your six.

John

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I'll try to post some pics of Khukri use here from some patrols. While 80% of this place is rocks, there is a ton of vegetation along the rivers in most of the valleys. Perfect for growing poppies and marijuana. Also perfect for cobras and kraits!!

Welcome, Steve:) As the others have said, thank you so much for your service. When you're back stateside, and if you're in my neck of the woods I owe you a beer:thumbup:

Welcome, Steve!

I served as an 11-series there 06-07. I'll probably be headed back before year's end.

Watch your six.

John

Really, John? I thought they were done with you. You keep us posted if that comes about. We'll want to make sure there is plenty of smoke, prayers, and good juju going up and out.

Back