Grindworx.com is BladeHQ. :(

I was very disappointed today to learn that Grindworx.com, which sells a lot of cheaper knives including many brands known to produce clones like Lightning and Titan, is actually just a website being run out of BladeHQ. It bothers me that they'd be willing to sell brands to unknowing consumers that they would not be seen to carry on their BladeHQ site. And it's not a question of budget, they carry lots of similarly priced items on BladeHQ from more reputable brands. I've been a long-time customer of BladeHQ, having gotten many if my first decent knives from them. This is a bummer and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I'm sure they won't miss me, but I felt like folks should be aware, so at least they make an informed decision about who they support and how they feel about clones in the knife community.

IBTM...

Your point is well taken but I believe that the GBU forum is the place for your thread and it will be moved there shortly (speculation on my part alone). The issue you raise has been discussed previously I believe.

Yup, not news...it used to be called BladePlay and was well known as the off-brand side of BladeHQ. I'm not sure when the name change happened.

I was very disappointed today to learn that Grindworx.com, which sells a lot of cheaper knives including many brands known to produce clones like Lightning and Titan, is actually just a website being run out of BladeHQ. It bothers me that they'd be willing to sell brands to unknowing consumers that they would not be seen to carry on their BladeHQ site. And it's not a question of budget, they carry lots of similarly priced items on BladeHQ from more reputable brands. I've been a long-time customer of BladeHQ, having gotten many if my first decent knives from them. This is a bummer and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I'm sure they won't miss me, but I felt like folks should be aware, so at least they make an informed decision about who they support and how they feel about clones in the knife community.
I am very happy they are the same company. Market segmentation is not a bad thing, think Lexus/Toyota. I just ordered a OTF for guy whom did me a favor and said he was interested in a silly , but treasured, Dessert warrior, The humor of that knife just kills me even after owning it for years, but it is not for him. Blade HQ has always been great to do business with, so I am happy they own Grindworx.

Back