Grizzly Bandsaw

Anyone ever buy or use a Grizzly badsaw? I was going to buy one of their combination verticle/horizontal bandsaws, butI bought one of their belt grinder last week and sent it back because the rubber seperated from the contact wheel as soon as I turned it on. I'm a little gun shy!

Welcome to the forum! Your question has been frequently asked here before and most of the people who have them seem pleased with them.
Harbor Freight has a similar saw and often has them on sale. I would compare their prices and especially the shipping fees between the two companies.
If you use the search feature in the Shop Talk Archives you'll find many threads on this topic!-Guy Thomas

Hi:
I bought my bandsaw from Harborfreight. It was on special for $139 and this included shipping. Took two weeks to come in and after changing the blade to bi-metal, I have cut out a bunch of knife blanks and it performs flawlessly. The only thing I don't like is the table and I went to a local sheetmetal shop a bought a 8" square piece of 1/4" aluminum and will be making a new table for it tomorrow.

Marcel

Two thirds of my stationary shop tools are Grizzly. Most are 8-10 years old. After the intitial set-up period they have proven themselves to me over and over. I feel that they are a good product at a decent price. I have as many problems with my Delta tools as the Grizzly.

Dave Evans

Back