Grr

:mad:

I went to mess with my Victorinox and the scale is loose, I took it off cleaned some of the thin strips of plastic off and popped it back on. Its the same side as the tweezers. Is this normal??

I read in here once that removing the scales on celidor Victorinox knives causes them to be considered broken. However, I do have a couple that Ive done this to,and while they are a tiny bit loose,they are otherwise functional. I have tried using some epoxy once,but it didnt work too well. If the looseness bothers you,I suggest obtaining new scales. SOSAK has an excellent method for replacing the scales. Good luck.

Its not loose enough to bother me it just like annoys me that its a little loose and its brand new.

Pop it back off, put a drop of super glue in each rivet hole, pop it back on.
Hold it on tightly with your fingers until the glue sets. That ought to do it. :)

Yeah, once the scale is off it's unlikely to ever feel quite the same again. If you are in the US Zach I hear that Goop glue works really well for getting the scales to fit (and feel) like new again.

Pop it back off, put a drop of super glue in each rivet hole, pop it back on.
Hold it on tightly with your fingers until the glue sets. That ought to do it. :)

Yes super glue will work excellently on wenger and victorinox SAKs...just don't use too much...:D

I tried superglue, seems like it works. I told a buddy of mine who is interested in a victorinox that he shouldn't take the scales off unless he is putting new ones on.

Back