GSO 20 request thread

So Guy, how about it?

Something for the masses to have a taste of the S! interpretation of a waki, or modern day equivalent. I'm thinking ~20" blade length, and ~9-10" handle. I believe you know exactly what I'm thinking of as a reference...

I know you understand how awesome it is, and we all understand how awesome the S! version would be with based on everything else you've touched.

This would be absolutely amazing and more useful in bushcraft that some may realize. The ultimate chopper? Check. Overgrown weeds and vegetation? Check. Sudden emergency self defense implement from wildlife? Check. Grail? Check.

I know you have many many projects and ideas on your plate already, not to mention production back-logged at least through the beginning of the year, but just consider this. And please, please give us our grail.

update - Here are a few beautiful renderings that redwood22 put together. This is a glimpse of what the fabled GSO 20 could look like. Just add Guy's signature touch.

preview%20-2_zps7vxzbyzi.jpg

Render%20Preview_zpshbmrz1qi.jpg

Last edited:
I will slip in that i love the idea of this... maybe a year from now if everything is humming along boom, drop the survive sword....killer...

I will slip in that i love the idea of this... maybe a year from now if everything is humming along boom, drop the survive sword....killer...

Excellent!

There seems to be many interested parties who have spoken up in various other threads.

I hope that they find their way here and can voice their support as well.

Miller Bros. and Zombie Tools have some functional, modern designs out now. I'm sure Guy's take on a sword would be amazing. Trees and zombies wouldn't stand a chance.

Miller Bros. and Zombie Tools have some functional, modern designs out now. I'm sure Guy's take on a sword would be amazing. Trees and zombies wouldn't stand a chance.

I have a Busse AK47 and have had a Swamp Rat Rucki, both of which I like quite a bit.

I also like BRT Bladeworks, although I believe he has a size limitation preventing him from reaching the 30" O/A length. Everything he does make is excellent though.

And of course, Dan Keffeler's amazing blades including the Super Assassin which Guy owns.

I agree, Guy's version would be really special, with his skills and values and the quality materials he uses, we could have a blade that would perform extremely well and be rugged and durable enough to take on any splitting, chopping, and decapitating needs we might have.

I think Guy's knives have a very sophisticated aesthetic to them, much like an Audi. Refined even. I think for those reasons he would make a great sword type tool. Too many are trying to be mall ninjaesque or cost a fortune. I really like the design of the super assassin, but with guys micarta handles...Maybe they could do a collaboration or something...or just see guys take on it? maybe a spear point gladius type sword? who knows!!! At this point its all fun fantasy :) I would also love a survive Kukri, but that's for another thread...haha

I think Guy's knives have a very sophisticated aesthetic to them, much like an Audi. Refined even. I think for those reasons he would make a great sword type tool. Too many are trying to be mall ninjaesque or cost a fortune. I really like the design of the super assassin, but with guys micarta handles...Maybe they could do a collaboration or something...or just see guys take on it? maybe a spear point gladius type sword? who knows!!! At this point its all fun fantasy :) I would also love a survive Kukri, but that's for another thread...haha

Well said. The 20" blade / 10" handle seems to be on the upper limit of a great all around tool imo, and there's some great youtube videos of these waki style blades destroying wood and felling small trees in a single swing.

Bring on the S!word

Well said. The 20" blade / 10" handle seems to be on the upper limit of a great all around tool imo, and there's some great youtube videos of these waki style blades destroying wood and felling small trees in a single swing.

Bring on the S!word

you are on a tear with the names!

I'm in for two. My wife has been asking for a sword for over a year. I support this idea. S!word it is...

What does Guy think about this?

I'm in for two. My wife has been asking for a sword for over a year. I support this idea. S!word it is...

What does Guy think about this?

What does he think about your wife wanting a sword? I think it's pretty amazing, myself, no idea what Guy thinks. :D

"S!word", I love it :thumbup:

What does he think about your wife wanting a sword? I think it's pretty amazing, myself, no idea what Guy thinks. :D

"S!word", I love it :thumbup:

That's hilarious. I think it's pretty amazing as well. Gotta give the lady what she wants. Happy wife happy life and all.

That's hilarious. I think it's pretty amazing as well. Gotta give the lady what she wants. Happy wife happy life and all.

I agree...I've been looking casually but nothing has really jumped out at me. If the S!word were to happen then we could both SURVIVE! together, and a family that SURVIVE!s together stays together. 🇺🇸

Please let this happen...

I agree...I've been looking casually but nothing has really jumped out at me. If the S!word were to happen then we could both SURVIVE! together, and a family that SURVIVE!s together stays together. 🇺🇸

Please let this happen...

Love it!

Dudes, we are visual creatures, we need visuals.

Super assassin cutting compulation.

[video=youtube_share;DrWXv7e9sZE]http://youtu.be/DrWXv7e9sZE[/video]

Super assassin waki, I'm pretty sure.

Super assassin katana.

I realize these are fully custom blades with traditional Japanese styled components. As awesome as these are, I think a Guy'ed up version would really appeal to me. I'm thinking one piece of 3v without any type of separate guard and micarta handles.

Miller Bros. survival swords M-4 and M-4s

Miller Bros. M-2

Zombie Tools zakasushi

Last edited:
Dudes, we are visual creatures, we need visuals.

Super assassin cutting compulation.

[video=youtube_share;DrWXv7e9sZE]http://youtu.be/DrWXv7e9sZE[/video]

Super assassin waki, I'm pretty sure.

Super assassin katana.

I realize these are fully customizable blades with traditional Japanese styled components. As awesome as these are, I think a Guy'ed up version would really appeal to me. I'm thinking one piece of 3v without any type of separate guard and micarta handles.

Agree with everything stated above

Back