GSO-5 and GSO-4.1 Available

YES!!!!!!!!!!

"GSO 5 available" is music to my ears. I've been waiting to get a brand new 5 direct from Guy since the last time they were available. Finally got it ordered. Woohoo!

Now I need to tell myself "I don't need a 4.1, I don't need a 4.1, I don't need a 4.1..."

Finally got to order a replacement for the one I gave away... These were not exactly hard to get at the time of purchase. I was less than thrilled to learn that dealers no longer carried them and I've missed every window to order another until now. Of course, the one I gave away was a backup. I'm not stupid.

Ordered a 5 and went back and forth so long on picking up a 2nd 4.1 that all the jimped models ran out! probably saved my marriage!

The "5".. currently no handles/scales or sheaths, until two months from now.
Why not make it available when everything is made, assembled and available?

Check out the description on the site, but it basically says because this is the last run they don't want to make and build stuff that won't sell and then have left overs of odd colored scales. It almost sounds like they're treating it as a mini-starter because they will make the handles and sheaths that people order then build and ship.

Since this is the last production run of the GSO-5, this is just our way of making sure we don't have a bunch of weird handle colors laying around at the end of production. Those handle materials are expensive. Pound for pound, they are more expensive than the steels we use. Doing the last run this way also gives everyone a chance to select exactly what they would like for their options. We've lowered the regular price on the model, we've included it in the 20% off sale and we've told everyone up front what the deal is. I thought it was a win-win.

Got myself a GSO 5! With the 20% discount and free shipping (I only live 1 state away) these are a steal.

Last edited:
Good Lord. I didn't need another knife, but the price of the 4.1 was so good. I was shocked when I discovered the 20% off happened at checkout and my shipped price was about $115! Wow!

Since this is the last production run of the GSO-5, this is just our way of making sure we don't have a bunch of weird handle colors laying around at the end of production. Those handle materials are expensive. Pound for pound, they are more expensive than the steels we use. Doing the last run this way also gives everyone a chance to select exactly what they would like for their options. We've lowered the regular price on the model, we've included it in the 20% off sale and we've told everyone up front what the deal is. I thought it was a win-win.

That is a win-win. Thanks for the great deal Guy.

Got my GSO-5 on order. I have been waiting forever for it to come back in stock.

The way time seems to slip away so fast anymore, the extra 2 months are going to be gone before I know it.

Back