GUINNESS Hardcore beer for hardcore individuals

Bud is like making love on a raft, effing close to water. The main problem with it is it takes a twelve pack before you notice anything. Harp hasn't been the same since they changed the mix a few years back (same time they changed the bottles). Although I have been a Sam fan since the Mid 80's I mostly stick to Belhaven these days. Anyone visiting Boston who is a single malt fan, I know a bar in J.P. that has a three page Scotch menu.

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Bfm,ever have Mcewans scotch ale? 8.0%
awsome stuff!
eek.gif

Shadow45, sounds familiar. There is a lot of the 80's that is pretty blurry, including two trips to Ireland to see the family. Don't always remember what was drunk, but I have a rough estimate of the quantity. The biggest problem coming from a long line of alcohlics is that it costs so damn much to get drunk.

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Q: Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?
A: Because they are both F@#$ing close to water.

Tom: Come to NYC & we'll get you stuck in w/ our women's rugby team...
wink.gif

Cormac: Good man- What position? Even if you're a back, I'll still respect you.

See you guys in NYC-
Cheers,
Mike

------------------
"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance" (Celtic Proverb)
AKTI# A000107

So that's who them lads were standing around behind me...backs!!!
I was a wing forward,was a prop as a kid and am about in the right shape to be a prop again!

Same here-
Started as a Wing Forward & as I got older, fatter & slower- just sort of moved on up to Tight-Head. Therefore those w/ double-digit numbers on their jerseys don't really cross my radar until the match is over & perhaps one of them starts passing out pints...
Obligatory Knife Content: Looking forward to finally seeing some Striders at the NYC show!
slainte-
Mike

------------------
AKTI# A000107

luckily....for the NYPD....I dont think there are any Irish pubs in New York City!! LOL!

rugger-I have to admit I do not understand the game....except maybe that the last man standing is the winner?

Hi Tom-
It's fairly simple in a complicated way.
Take American football:
1. add 4 players to each team
2. remove all padding (keep the mouthpiece- but there are those who play without 'em)
3. no timeouts (possible exception is "injury time" where you ask the referee to stop the match for literally a minute where you decide to play on or leave the field)
4. continuous play- when the man with the ball is tackled, he must release the ball- it is "live" & both teams respond with inspired mayhem to keep/steal possession.
5. no forward passes, only lateral passes. You may kick forwards.
6. when scoring, you must place the ball on the ground while it is under your control. no 3-toes-in-the-end-zone stuff. hence the word "touchdown"
7. keep a sharp knife on the sidelines at all times for cutting tape & bandages & long sleeves off of jerseys in 95-degree heat.
8. home team buys the keg.

there you have it- if you're in NYC & feel like getting a little sweaty/muddy/bloody, give us a shout. You've never had so much fun with your clothes on in your life.
End of non-knife-related rant.
Cheers,
Mike

------------------
AKTI# A000107

smile.gif
I like watching soccer....and I cant dance...thats why I like having a gun!!
smile.gif
lucky for you hillary is your senator..... pretty soon it will be illegal to be a conservative there!

Originally posted by tom mayo:
lucky for you hillary is your senator..... pretty soon it will be illegal to be a conservative there!

DANG!! Low blow there, Tom!

How could that have happened?!
frown.gif

------------------
iktomi

Im from Canada and we drink alot of beer. And Guinness really is a true beer. Other beer like OV, Budweiser, Blue, and the like are considered more or less a "beer drink" while a beer like Guinness is a pure beer. Kind of like when you compare concentrated orange juice to a fresh squeezed orange juice. {Jesus saves, Esposito scores on the rebound.}

I "had" some Bushmills that A friend
"acquired" in Mexico I still have the bottle but its kinda strange, same
"White" Bushmills except its 43% alc
vs. the normal 40%! anybody seen this too?

BTW 16 year old Bushmills Malt has no equal
wink.gif

Welllll Me finally got to have a real pint of the thick mud known as Guinness. We stoped in Shannon Ireland so I ran to the airport pub and had a pint or three.

While I still think it's mud, Guiness in the motherland is much better than it is in the U.S.

There are two places you never drink Guinness in Ireland, Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport. Come on now lads, have you ever had anything good from an airport!!!!!

Well, you are soon to find out....actually I have found that, besides looking at girls, the only good thing at the airport IS beer. It is NOT cheap...but they have some good lagers and ales on tap at the large aiports. Just be prepared to pay $20 for three pints!! Wont be long til you are back on the home planet, eh!!!!
smile.gif
Looing at Cormacs posts......his grand total is 5!!!and three of them are on here!!!!!!!!! dude!!!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 12-19-2000).]

FNG here.................This is how I heard it in real old Pub in the middle of nowhere, South Island NZ.

In England all the heads of the worlds beer breweries were on hand for the Brewers Convention. After the convention they all decided to go have dinner. When the waiter came to the table, he asked if they would like a drink before dinner.

Mr. Stroh's says, "I'll Have a Stroh's".
Mr. Budweiser says, "I'll have a Bud".
Mr. Coors says, "I'll have a Coors".

When the waiter got to Mr. Guinness, Mr. Guinness orders a Coke. The dumbfounded waiter asked, "A coke sir ?".
"Yes" Replied Mr. Guiness, "If these guys are not drinking beer, I won't either".

I live in Lynbrook,Long Island;and B.K.Sweeney's Pub is only a few blocks away.We have a Brooklyn Burger(cheddar cheese,fried onions,mushrooms)on an onion roll with an ice cold pint of Guinness on tap!It doesn't get better tnan this!
Happy Holidays!
Sky

Back