Gun Picture Thread

HaYhtJ9.jpg

Browning BLR in .243 with Leupold 3x9. Here piggy, piggy:

7Q4Jbvt.jpg

There they be:

MPA7tgJ.jpg

Weatherby Vanguard in 6.5Creedmore with 4x16 Leupold. Here piggy piggy.

EMaGeSX.jpg

Never did see em that night. Not for a want of having the wind in our face and being quiet. Had rabbits cavorting on our feet:

AN0405f.jpg

I like the trigger on that as well. What would that set me back?
If you piece it together like I did, 900-1000. Depending on finding the best prices. 1200-1300 if bought new and factory complete.
It’s a Volquartsen Skorpion assembled by me. Buy a complete upper, bolt and complete lower and put it together.
It will easily shoot 10 shot, .5 groups at 25yds with proper ammo. I’m getting .75 groups with CCI Standard. I’m a good shooter but not expert class. It shoots better than I can.

Last edited:
If you piece it together like I did, 900-1000. Depending on finding the best prices. 1200-1300 if bought new and factory complete.
It’s a Volquartsen Skorpion assembled by me. Buy a complete upper, bolt and complete lower and put it together.
It will easily shoot 10 shot, .5 groups at 25yds with proper ammo. I’m getting .75 groups with CCI Standard. I’m a good shooter but not expert class. It shoots better than I can.

Did you put a sear in for that trigger? Making the pull around 1lb? I did that on mine. I still have a leaft over sear and adjustable custom trigger for another job. Parts been sitting in my drawer for years.

Did you put a sear in for that trigger? Making the pull around 1lb? I did that on mine. I still have a leaft over sear and adjustable custom trigger for another job. Parts been sitting in my drawer for years.
Yeah, it’s all Volquartsen. Trigger breaks right at 2lbs. That’s as low as I want to go with a field gun.
I have it set up for CCI Standard, but I bought some SK Pistol Match to see if I could shrink the groups a little. Haven’t been able to try them yet. It’s a fun shooter for sure.
The Leupold presents a very clear, precise dot. Even for my eyes:)

K.O.D. K.O.D.
I love it! Why'd you end up going SAR over X95?

A few reasons.

1. I could get a left handed one without paying $500+over MSRP. I like the mag release better, and the position of the charging handle because I have long arms. Plus, this one had a lot of mods. Trigger job, folding charging handle, a few other things including a handguard rail. I put the Sightmark Red dot on it though.

Here are a couple of my favorites.

tGJf16k.jpg

olo899F.jpg

EDC G19, I don’t usually carry with the Surefire as I always have a handheld with me.

Home built (Form 1 stamped) Noveske SBR with SiCo Saker K.
WbVlV0B.jpg

7j2qesd.jpg

Recent inheritance, Winchester Model 1894 30-30 made in 1897. Decent shape with awesome patina. It was my great grandpas ranch gun.
GpXYCPV.jpg

Last edited:
The ruger was my first handgun and first gun purchase. I bought the colt earlier this year. Both are dependable and great shooters, the colt being a tad more accurate. Both are .45 auto.

A5728DF4-496F-4E5F-9E5F-62E3FEA12AA0.jpeg

The colt is my favorite. I plan to eventually send it off for a custom build. I love the classic slide markings, no bill boarding or unnecessary stuff to take away from aesthetics.

3EFF3D40-DCD8-42EE-88C9-FB4D70FE14BB.jpeg

Back