Gun show finds

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Garza, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Garza

Garza

May 8, 2015
    Found 3 schrade knifes at a gun show yesterday they all need some love, I don’t buy many fix blade knifes but this one wanted to come home with me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a Schrade+
    USA LB7
    4 pin F3841
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my favorite and first Yukon
    Schrade-Walden
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    bucksforus, Rick Evans, ea42 and 3 others like this.
  2. ea42

ea42 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Wow Garza great finds! That's quite a haul of classics, the Yukon is one of only a couple of Schrade knives I know of that had two blades of differing steels. I don't recall if it was a mass produced knife or if Norm Thompson had the exclusive on that setup.

Eric

3. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    Here is the ad for the Yukon from an earlier discussion. I believe it was a Norm Thompson exclusive like the Shikari.
    [​IMG]

bucksforus likes this.
  4. ea42

ea42 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Excellent, thanks Michael!! Good to see you're still hangin' out here!

Eric

5. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    Hi Eric! I check in regularly but folks here seem to answer most questions quite handily without my input. Very rarely is any form of moderation needed here as Schrade collectors seem to be pretty much well behaved and friendly toward each other. And over the past nearly twenty years, this place has become the storehouse of a wealth of information of nearly everything Schrade, so that many answers are just a forum search away. Always nice to see you drop in though since you still have the answers to many questions yourself. I could only wish to have your knowledge first hand of the people, products and processes involved.

Bob W and bucksforus like this.
  6. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Codger, do you have the Norm Thompson Shikari HAT? That would be nice to see, as well as the other NT items.

7. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    That is the hat I am wearing in my avatar. Let me see if I can find a better picture.

bucksforus likes this.
  8. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rick Evans and bucksforus like this.
  9. Rick Evans

Rick Evans

Apr 7, 2018
    I'm new to the knife thang..... I read on eBay that the red handles are rare.... just a selling ploy?? lol

10. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    Rare or less common? Mostly the red ones were made for short time orders for Sears. Thus there were fewer then, and fewer now, of them than the usual production knives.

11. Rick Evans

Rick Evans

Apr 7, 2018
    Does less common = rare? Is there a fine line between the two? Either way, if it's not a collectable knife, I guess it doesn't matter...... only to the seller...lol

I forgot to ask.... what years were the red handled made?