Gunting info requested

Hi Sal and Bram,

I just wondered if it'd possible to get some specs on the Gunting.
Blade-length has been mentioned, 2 7/8". But how long is the handle ?
What does it weight ?
Can you say anything about the price, just a ballpark figure ?
Will it be sold only in the package (Gunting, trainer, video) ?
Can I as an ordinary citizen buy it ?

It's a great design which is masterly executed by Spyderco. Looks like a winner.

Ok..it weighs about 164 grams...it has a hollow grind and a false edgeand it has a distal taper to the point. The blade will have a touch more belly than in the egineering "proto" which is in the photo.The blade on my egineering proto (in hand) is 2 7/8ths...
The handle is about 5" 3/8ths long...
As for availablity..its marketed as Martial Arts, LE and Military...so if you fit in there..LOL!
There will be a package and it will be available seperately..if I had my way it would ONLY be a package so that EVERYONE would have a trainer drone to play with..the intro tape is FREE from me & SPYDERCO...(there will be a three tape series on the GUNTING from Video Quest for $99)
The trainer drone also functions as a CRMIPT
A Close Range Medium ImPact Tool..
Ok did I answer the questions????
if not blast me again and I'll try again!

Bram,

Thanks for answering my questions.
biggrin.gif

You got them all except the price, maybe Sal can say something about that. I need to save some money for this you see.
Yes, I will get the package with trainer and video and the three video set also. Just hope I can afford it all.
frown.gif

Well I'm not in the military and not a LEO, as for being an martial artist I would be so lucky to be considered as that. I'm a beginner in the MA world, really a beginner. Hope that I can buy it anyway.

------------------

Cool !

But it's gonna be a long wait.
Hope you keep posting pictures of it so I can gaze longing on them.
smile.gif

------------------

Sal -

Will the video and trainer be part of the Collector's issue?

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry

hmmm the infamous collectors club which for some unknown reason still eludes me....
I cannot answer for Sal or SPYDERCO but I cannot see why the collectors couldn't get a numbered set of GUNTINGs with the free video..hmmmmmwhy not?The trainer drone-CRMIPT is just as cool as the GUNTING knife itself..just as important OR more important for one will use the trainer MORE than the real knife..LOL!
June to September range...

Back