Gunting - question for Sal

Hi Sal, Ive been out on the road for a month and I now see the Gunting is for sale. I have read somewhere that they come with a Kydex holster. Is this the case? From pictures I've seen the Clip looks VERY low on the handle. Do the production models have this clip or one that hides the knife a bit more in the pocket?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peter - The clip does sit low on the handle to permit clearance of the "hump" in the pocket, and quick access.

There is or will be a kydex sheath available aftermarket.

sal

Hey Sal.. I'm back from Paris..( and Luxembourg & Germany..
Yes, it, the GUNTING's clip seems low on the knife but 2/3 to 3/4 of the knife actually sit in the pocket. Plus the ramp needs to be "clear" of ones pocket... if you keep it in your pocket tip up, ramp forward and pull it out it will engage and open in reverse grip..if you keep it in your pocket ramp towards the back tip up and pull it out it will engage in forward grip...cool openings like the wave BUT it defeats the purpose of the ramp..to tomawak someone..LOL!and use it closed.
Yes, there is a kydex break-away holster for ones belt available directly from VideoQuest 1-800-340-9664 Or soon from SFO at Spydie factory store..The holsters are made by Frank @ SKUNKWORKS and are just under production.. I took the protos to Europe to show everyone..at the Paris Knife Show.. (Fred Perrin really liked the GUNTING & the holsters!)and to have them in the magazine articles that are being written...seems from my email that Mike Janich said the knives are awesome and the holsters are the best!
Guess we did it right!
Thanks Sal!!!!

[This message has been edited by BRAM (edited 10-03-2000).]

Back